Well, Naomi Osaka was able to pull a victory over Coco Gauff and reach the stage 16, but it wasn’t her day when she was playing the match on Monday with an aim to reach the last 8. She could beat Gauff on Saturday in one of the most anticipated matches of this year’s US Open, but could not repeat the success against Belinda Bencic of Switzerland.
The Kiwi player is ranked 13 and could easily beat the world number 1 in straight sets 7-5 and 6 – 4 on Monday’s match. The match took place at the Arthur Ashe Stadium. The results are quite shocking in this edition of the US Open so far. The top-seeded players among both men and women have now bowed out of the championship.
If Naomi Osaka lost the match against the New Zealand player, the defending champion Novak Djokovic had to retire hurt because of a left shoulder injury.
- US Open – Gauff to Meet Osaka on Day 6
- Serena Williams’ Husband Trolls Maria Sharapova During the US Open Match
- Serena Williams Beats Maria Sharapova in the US Open
Bencic was quite ecstatic after she won the tie against the World Number 1 Osaka, “I think the challenge cannot be bigger against Naomi. She’s a great player and obviously, she won U.S. Open last year, so I had to be at the top of my game, so I’m really pleased with how I played and how I managed my nerves at the end” She claimed after the match.
It may be a little worthwhile here to mention that she has been mentored and trained by none other than Roger Federer and Martina Hingis – who have been legends in the realm of World Tennis stage.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer
- Villas-Boas rethinks the soccer calendar until 2022
- The million dollar figure that Premier League players could donate to save the rest of professional English football
- “The change in the date of the Euro Cup will affect young people”
- The confessions of the former Athletic and ‘capi’ of Leganés Unai Bustinza
- Wozniacki robbed in a grocery store
- A summer at zero cost
- “Let's fill the Bernabéu with solidarity”, Madrid's campaign against the coronavirus
- Liga Santander: The last of Pione Sisto: leaves Vigo without Celta's permission and makes 3,000 kilometers by car to return to Denmark | LaLiga Santander 2019