He had moved to the net stage after beating Dan Evans of Britain on Friday and now has proved that his win was never a fluke nor it was on account of any so called ‘influence over US Open”. The Swiss master craftsman in Tennis beat the opponent 6-2, 6-2 and 6-0, The match lasted just around 78 minutes.
The five time champion from Switzerland succumbed in the first set initially, but soon recovered and could beat the Belgian in straight sets indicating that he still holds sway in the game. Federer could hit 34 winning shots, while David Goffin could manage only eight.
The quarterfinal match for Roger Federer would be to face Grigor Dimitrov from Bulgaria. It may be worthwhile to notice here that Grigor Dimitrov is a former number three, but he has ranking slipped to 78 now. He could beat Alex de Minaur from Australia 7-5, 6-3 and 6-4 to reach the quarterfinals.
- US Open – Gauff to Meet Osaka on Day 6
- Roger Federer beats Dan Evans -Reaches 4th Round in US Open
- Serena Williams’ Husband Trolls Maria Sharapova During the US Open Match
Roger had this to say about the win that he could pull – “It was great. David didn’t have his best day either, he was struggling. I was down on the score early so had to come back mentally”. The third seed player could continue playing with the same vigour in the stage 16 match as well.
And now an exciting news or prediction – if Roger Federer moves to the final, he would perhaps meet second seed, Rafael Nadal.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer
- Villas-Boas rethinks the soccer calendar until 2022
- The million dollar figure that Premier League players could donate to save the rest of professional English football
- “The change in the date of the Euro Cup will affect young people”
- The confessions of the former Athletic and ‘capi’ of Leganés Unai Bustinza
- Wozniacki robbed in a grocery store
- A summer at zero cost
- “Let's fill the Bernabéu with solidarity”, Madrid's campaign against the coronavirus
- Liga Santander: The last of Pione Sisto: leaves Vigo without Celta's permission and makes 3,000 kilometers by car to return to Denmark | LaLiga Santander 2019