Rafael Nadal has won his 19th Grand Slam with the US Open 2019 triumph. He beat Daniil Medvedev of Russia to achieve the feat. However, the final was one of the excellent ones in recent times and witnessed a huge fightback from the Russian.
He could beat Medvedev by 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, and 6-4. The final score should clearly indicate the high degree of performance between the two players. While this was the 19th grand Slam title for Rafael Nadal, it was also his fourth US Open title. The epic five-set match was indeed cam to end with the nail-biting finish.
With this victory, Nadal has now reached just one step behind Roger Federer with 20 Grand Slam wins. He also surpassed the record for maximum US Open titles held by Novak Djokovic with the fourth win. He is now only one step away from Federer’s record of fie US Open wins.
Nadal was quite an ecstatic ad exhausted after the win. He said, “I feel honored to be part of this battle. All the things that I achieved in my career are much more than what I ever thought and what I ever dreamed of.”
- Serena Williams Reaches US Open Final
- US Open 2019 Shocker – Osaka Loses in the Stage 16
- US Open 2019 – Rafael Nadal proceeds to the next round
Medvedev, on the other hand, praised the crowd for cheering him all through the game. He claimed, “I knew I have to leave my heart out there for them also. For myself first of all, but for them also. I think they saw it and they appreciate it. I’m thankful to them for this.” Even Nadal was quick to appreciate his opponent. “The way that he played, is a champion way,” Nadal told the reporters about Medvedev. “He has a great future. I really believe that he will be able to win Grand Slams. It’s impossible to predict the future. But his career looks very, very well.”
It would be interesting to notice here that the recent Grand Slams have been the hugely the bastion for the trio of the world tennis. The last 12 Grand Slam titles have been won by Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer
- Villas-Boas rethinks the soccer calendar until 2022
- The million dollar figure that Premier League players could donate to save the rest of professional English football
- “The change in the date of the Euro Cup will affect young people”
- The confessions of the former Athletic and ‘capi’ of Leganés Unai Bustinza
- Wozniacki robbed in a grocery store
- A summer at zero cost
- “Let's fill the Bernabéu with solidarity”, Madrid's campaign against the coronavirus
- Liga Santander: The last of Pione Sisto: leaves Vigo without Celta's permission and makes 3,000 kilometers by car to return to Denmark | LaLiga Santander 2019