Rafael Nadal was all sweat at the match at the Queens. He changed the dress several times and perhaps, set a record of sorts for the towels most used in a match. And with that, he proceeded to the next round of the game in the US Open this year.
We were just hoping to find him to the semis and not fall like a few of the top seeds who have already fallen so far. It was Novak Djokovic who is No 1 and the defending champion. He was taken out injured while playing with Stan Wawrinka. Then, he was followed by Roger Federer, the No 3 player who was shown the exit by Grigor Dimitrov. It should be noticed that he was a 20-times major winner so far.
He beat Diego Schwartzman of Argentina by 6-4, 7-5, 6-2. This was his 33rd Grand Slam victory in a quarterfinal match. The match was cheered by the tennis lovers and was found to be the most entertaining straight-set win ever in the series this year.
- US Open 2019 Shocker – Osaka Loses in the Stage 16
- Roger Federer Reaches US Open Quarterfinals
- US Open – Gauff to Meet Osaka on Day 6
“Here I am in the semifinals, and that’s the most important thing,” was what Federer had to say soon after the match. The match was the 8th win for Nadal against Schwartzman. The 20th seed Argentinian was looking ahead to winning the quarters and become the shortest ever player to reach the semis after 5-foot-6 Harold Solomon had reached the semi-finals in 1980 in the French Open. Schwartzman is 5-foot-7 inch.
With Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic out of the reckoning already, Rafael Nadal can be the next best bet to win this year’s US Open.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer
- Villas-Boas rethinks the soccer calendar until 2022
- The million dollar figure that Premier League players could donate to save the rest of professional English football
- “The change in the date of the Euro Cup will affect young people”
- The confessions of the former Athletic and ‘capi’ of Leganés Unai Bustinza
- Wozniacki robbed in a grocery store
- A summer at zero cost
- “Let's fill the Bernabéu with solidarity”, Madrid's campaign against the coronavirus
- Liga Santander: The last of Pione Sisto: leaves Vigo without Celta's permission and makes 3,000 kilometers by car to return to Denmark | LaLiga Santander 2019