So, as expected, Serena Williams has reached the final of the US Open 2019. She will be facing Andreescu of Canada in the US Open final. However, she was not as perfect as she was in her first match against Maria Sharapova.
She was found struggling in the first set, especially in the first game. She could take it up somehow. The second set was once again as difficult in the beginning. However, son, we found THE real Serena Williams, and she was back to her natural game.
The win was impressive enough and showed an impeccable performance with a 6-3, 6-1 victory. Williams beat 5th seed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine. The game was held at the Arthur Ashe Stadium on Thursday night. Incidentally, this is her fourth final in the last six major tournaments.
- US Open 2019 – Rafael Nadal proceeds to the next round
- US Open – Gauff to Meet Osaka on Day 6
- US Open 2019 Shocker – Osaka Loses in the Stage 16
“To be in yet another final, it seems, honestly, crazy,” was what Serena Williams had to tell us about her victory. This will be the seventh US Open win for Serena if she succeeds winning the championship this time around. She has already won six versions so far.
In her final, she will be facing the 19 year old Bianca Andreescu of Canada. Her opponent in the semi final has praised for her in spite of the defeat at the hands of Williams. Svitolina stated that “You are playing in front of the best tennis player in the world. She reached the final in 2018 as well and lost to the defending champion Naomi Osaka. Incidentally enough, Osaka has already bowed of the competition in this year’s edition.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- No preseason, another ‘brown’ for the clubs
- Santander League: Di Mara tore up the Real Madrid letter asking him not to play in the 2014 World Cup final | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Controversy in Portugal: in times of coronavirus, Ronaldo left his home to take a walk with his wife and children
- Seyboth Wild must pay $ 30,000 if violates quarantine
- End to the quarantine of the ‘pepineros’
- “The only time Prosinecki stopped smoking was when he played”
- Aitor Fernández multiplies his value by ten in Levante
- “I don't think Oblak's level will drop much”
- Santander League: Xavi Hernndez: “I want to go back to Bara, but there can't be anyone toxic near the locker room” | LaLiga Santander 2019
- LaLiga Santander Fest is a complete success and raises € 625,000
- City accuses Arsenal of leading a lobby to pressure TAS
- Celebrate 40 days with the Covid-19 around you
- Pochettino avoided the arrival of Coutinho to a Tottenham that is still interested
- An English football figure revealed how he met Ronaldo: "Surrounded by beers and trying to keep an ashtray in his belly"
- The Athletic youth remained one step away from proclaiming himself champion
- Carles Calaf, expert in critical patients: “60% of respirators in Spain are obsolete”
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina walk their children through Funchal
- Setién remains unrivaled
- Berizzo turns to the ‘fat’ Bonini
- Most clubs are reluctant to open files
- Wimbledon is “desperate” to avoid cancellation
- Xavi, yes 'soccer' to Neymar: “It would be a spectacular signing”
- The five impossible signings of Florentino
- Astrix Village | Cycling
- Athletic against Celtic and aguriz to Bizkaia