Carles Puyol, eternal captain of Barcelona, arrived in Berlin to talk about the Laureus Awards that are delivered this Sunday (19:00, TDP) and without wanting to step on any soccer puddle. With the slogan prior to the press that he would not talk about the situation of the team of his heart. But The present day dragged him into reflection when he mentioned that the tiki-taka that led the Catalans and the National Team to the highest levels is being diluted.
“Each team has its own style and defends its way of playing. I have lived with the philosophy of Barcelona, of having the ball. But not to have it for having it, but to move it to create spaces and find up players who hurt. There are those who play differently and everything is valid. You depend a lot on the results for people to support one style or another. I identify with that of Barcelona, which has given us many successes “, The former soccer player said, away from the foreground since he left the sports management area in 2015. He did not quote Quique Setién, and the most 'Cruyffista' boss he wants to get against Ernesto Valverde's most direct football. But his reflection can be found immediately protagonists.
Puyol, one of the members of the Laureus Academy of Legends, declared himself “optimistic” about this season. “I trust the team, there are few with its staff and if there are no more injured I think it will be a good season,” said. Also, now that Barcelona noticed Xavi as a solution for the bench immediately or in the future, that he does not see himself in the band: “What I would like is to play again, but that is impossible. Now I am in another vital moment. In the future, we'll see. I do not see myself as a coach and yes more in a sports direction. “” I am always open to Barcelona, which for me is more important than the presidents and the players, is above all, “he said.
He also wanted to scare the pessimism that circulates among some culés sectors and about the possibility that Leo Messi would end up getting fed up and leaving the club: “Messi is 32 years old and taking care of himself as he does, he can endure until he is 38. Why are we going to talk about Barça without him, let's make him win as much as possible with him.”
On a runrun that pointed to what could accompany Casillas in a hypothetical candidacy for the presidency of the Spanish Federation, He denied it. “I haven't talked to him about that. Iker is a friend and I would always listen to him, another thing is to get in, as happened to me in Barcelona. They are put to be convinced. It depends on the vital moment of each one, “he warned.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League