The president of LaLiga, Javier Tebas, is clear that Real Madrid has been “the best club in Europe” when it comes to “managing at an economic level” the crisis that arose with the pandemic and that it also “does not cheat” like PSG French does not have “any financial problem”, and he also removed some iron to the non-arrival of any great signing this season because he believes that with Vinicius and Ansu Fati they will “have a good time”.
“Real Madrid has been the best club in Europe, by far, when it comes to managing the issue of the pandemic at an economic level. He has always had budgetary rigor for his salary expenditure and the strategy of transferring and selling players has been very important, and by not making any incorporation his situation is better and allows him to manage a box and have access to financing “, said Tebas during the presentation this Wednesday of the agreement between LaLiga and Burger King.
The president warned that if the Madrid club is undertaking the reform of the Santiago Bernabéu with a 30-year loan “it is because it has the economic capacity.” “He has no financial problem“He stressed before criticizing the French PSG again.” It cheats and Real Madrid does not and it is not a 'state club'. PSG has a salary expense close to 600 million euros and audiovisual rights in France have fallen by 40 percent, it is impossible that it can pay and that its sponsors contribute 30 percent more than what the rest of the clubs enter “, he asserted.
For this reason, and in relation to some words that came out in the media about the Madrid team could undertake the signings of Kylian Mbappé and Erling Haalad, it was clear. “You have to put them in context. I said it in an Integrity Forum and they asked me if Spanish football was ruined. It is not and not only did I say that Real Madrid could do it, but also that FC Barcelona is not the ruin that is said, there are other clubs in Europe with worse ratios and it can get out if the debt is well structured “, he detailed.
In this sense, Tebas pointed out that they have already contacted Joan Laporta, Blaugrana president, after he said that he had “an unhealthy obsession” with the club after indicating in an interview with 'Sport' that he had not done everything possible to retain Leo Messi.
“Sure we understand each other well. He knows my opinion and what happened, ratified by a witness, but we must not give it more lapses, Messi is no longer and LaLiga must continue working and Barça must continue to compete and achieve sporting goals. For the reasons why Messi left, ask Barça, “he added.
“With Ansi Fati and Vinicius we are going to have a good time”
The president of LaLiga also did not give more importance to the fact that neither Mbappé nor Haaland fell in the championship. “It bothered me the same that Messi or Neymar are not playing here or Mourinho and Guardiola training. We would like to have the best, but that is impossible because there are very good leagues in the world. In addition, between Ansu Fati and Vinicius we are going to have a good time and then we will say that the young people are with us, “he said.
And is that the leader believes that the Brazilian winger, who thought his celebration with the stands “bad” after scoring against Celta, “is going to burst” this season, and that if the Hispano-Guinean and Dembélé had been this Tuesday against Bayern “it would have been another FC Barcelona”, while also showing a predilection for the athletic Marcos Llorente.
The president also wished that soon there may be full capacity in football stadiums. “We have taken steps in the communities where we believe that it is being unfair and they have agreed with us in Valencia and the Basque Country. We are going to wait and see what is raised in the Interterritorial Council because Madrid and Andalusia already allow one hundred percent capacity in theaters and concerts. If there are restrictive measures we will go anywhere to defend football“, he warned.
On the other hand, the leader regretted that in the next break they will have “the same problem” with the players called up for the South American Qualifiers and he made it clear that “much remains” of the Champions League and that he is not worried about the image of LaLiga after this Tuesday neither FC Barcelona, nor Seville nor Villarreal won.
“I think that the leadership of LaLiga does not depend on these results, it depends on those of many seasons. I believe that the Premier League was close to seven years without winning it and that was when it grew the most,” stressed the president.
Finally, he was also asked about the new audiovisual rights agreement and confirmed that LaLiga bodies will approve “the form of the contest this week” and that next week they will be presented to the National Competition Market Commission. “Between October 22 and November 22, the offers will be received and it will be known who the winners of the different lots are on November 25, although it can also be declared void,” he explained.
Thebes clarified that they have “posed” to the operators that what they are “looking for is that the distribution is greater than that of until now”. “Now we only have two (Telefónica and Orange) as a consequence of the competition rules and hopefully Telefónica will continue, but we are trying to get more companies to attend this new competition that can distribute them and that it can reach more to all. And that will surely affect the prices “, sentenced.