Kepa Arrizabalaga does not live his best days at Chelsea. After linking four substitutions in a row, he has now suffered his biggest blow: stay on the bench in the decisive duel of the Champions League round of 16 against Bayern Munich. Instead, Lampard has opted for Willy Knight, headline in the last four clashes. Of course, a circumstance already normalized and that is a problem in the medium term not only for the goalkeeper, but also for Luis Enrique and the Spanish National Team.
So far, little is known about the 'Kepa case'. Your technician, Frank Lampard, continues to reaffirm to the media that nothing happens with him, but his substitution against Bayern is a sign that he has gone to the background. “I get paid to make decisions. So, depending on the form, I have to consider the goalkeeper position. Recently it has changed, but it is nothing definitive. All Kepa needs to do is train and show a great attitude, as I demand from all my players. And things can obviously change. But all I want is the best for the team, “said coach 'blue'.
Beyond that, there is a background published by the English press. Always according to the information presented, Lampard had a conversation with the Spanish international to recommend a soccer disconnection to drive away criticism and come back stronger. The coach considered that it would be positive for Kepa, but, weeks later, he still does not recover the position, now owned by veteran Willy Caballero. The Champions was a litmus test to define his current role and the former Athletic is also not in the starting eleven …
Kepa lowers the level
Lampard, so far, had given Kepa full confidence and served him on the Stamford Bridge goal. However, the data has not helped: He is the goalkeeper with the worst percentage of Premier League stops (55.56%) and has committed some bulk failure. His own technician exposed it publicly: “He is honest and knows that he has made mistakes that have cost us goals. You will have to get used to criticism“Not happy with that, the legend 'blue' emphasized its weaknesses:”He was very slow on his feet a couple of times. He almost gives it to the rival. It's something you'll know and we have to check. “
Until now, Kepa had started in the first six Champions games, in which he had conceded nine goals. Also in the European Super Cup, where his people fell in the penalty shootout. The first 24 appointments of the Premier they carried their signature, with a total of 32 goals against suffered and five games with the goal to zero. Only in the two cupper tournaments, Lampard had chosen to give him rest and put Willy Caballero in his place. Signal that he had full confidence in him until some mistake has definitely moved him to the bench. His replacement, although it is a choral issue, has fit into his four consecutive shocks.
A problem for Luis Enrique
Among all the differences in the mandate of Robert Moreno and Luis Enrique, one of the most prominent has been the battle for the goal. David de Gea was the Asturian goalkeeper, but he went on to substitute for the change in the bench. Kepa was of the game in the majority of matches of the qualifying phase for the Eurocup, where he was sure. Now, with the return of 'Lucho', it is unknown who will be his bet. Of course, if everything continues like this, it seems complicated that the Chelsea goalkeeper be the one who defends Spain's goal in the continental tournament next summer.
In addition to the two of the Premier, on the last list of Robert Moreno was also Pau Lopez. Although the former Betis is indisputable in Rome, the results of the team also do not accompany. De Gea, meanwhile, also lives the defensive instability of his Manchester United and has not been at his best level. Faced with this situation and although they start as big favorites to be the three goalkeepers on the list, other names such as Unai Simón or even Aitor Fernández have been considered. Luis Enrique will clarify all the doubts in the list for the friendly before Germany (March 26) and Holland (29).
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Former Barcelona goalkeeper and figure of the 2002 World Cup contracted coronavirus and was hospitalized
- Aitana Bonmatí: “We do not contemplate that the league is null”
- Januzaj: “The Cup final is going to be played and we are going to win it”
- Saúl: “ERTE? Nothing has been communicated to us 100%”
- Eight years of the Athletic coup in Germany
- Santander League: Capn dies, legend of the Atlético de Madrid | LaLiga Santander 2019
- José Luis Capón dies at the age of 72 due to pneumonia
- Igor Gomes, the new Kaká, on Real Madrid's radar
- No preseason, another ‘brown’ for the clubs
- Santander League: Di Mara tore up the Real Madrid letter asking him not to play in the 2014 World Cup final | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Controversy in Portugal: in times of coronavirus, Ronaldo left his home to take a walk with his wife and children
- Seyboth Wild must pay $ 30,000 if violates quarantine
- End to the quarantine of the ‘pepineros’
- “The only time Prosinecki stopped smoking was when he played”
- Aitor Fernández multiplies his value by ten in Levante
- “I don't think Oblak's level will drop much”
- Santander League: Xavi Hernndez: “I want to go back to Bara, but there can't be anyone toxic near the locker room” | LaLiga Santander 2019
- LaLiga Santander Fest is a complete success and raises € 625,000
- City accuses Arsenal of leading a lobby to pressure TAS
- Celebrate 40 days with the Covid-19 around you
- Pochettino avoided the arrival of Coutinho to a Tottenham that is still interested
- An English football figure revealed how he met Ronaldo: "Surrounded by beers and trying to keep an ashtray in his belly"
- The Athletic youth remained one step away from proclaiming himself champion
- Carles Calaf, expert in critical patients: “60% of respirators in Spain are obsolete”
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina walk their children through Funchal