The Spanish-Senegalese attacker of the AS Monaco and former player of the lower categories of FC Barcelona
Keita Baldé, donated 11 million CFA francs (17,000 euros) to Senegal, a country that registers an increase in cases in COVID-19, for the fight against the virus pandemic.
Keita Baldé thus joins the fundraising initiative taken by various players from Senegal, among which is the Liverpool striker Sadio Manégiven that last week it contributed 30 million CFA francs (46,000 euros) to the Senegalese national committee to combat the disease that is already affecting the African continent.
“Keita Baldé contributes to the fight against Covid-19 by offering 11 million CFA francs through the 'telethon' and Xeex Coronavirus,” said a statement.
“I join the wave of global solidarity in the fight against the coronavirus. We will need a lot of solidarity. That is why I ask all opinion leaders, athletes, artists, musicians … to participate. It is a difficult period, but we will win together, as always, ”said Baldé.
This Wednesday Senegal It registered its highest number of infected since the first confirmed case on March 2, with 13 new positive cases and a total of 90 people under treatment.