Rayan Cherki, a 16-year-old Olympique de Lyon player, He shows both self-confidence moving between the lines and openly talking about his future on his club's own television. It is not the first time that he verbalizes his interests and publicly opts for a club of the future, two months ago he was given a choice between Barcelona and Real Madrid … And he chose the white team.
“My dream is to play for Real Madrid”, Cherki has said again in a television interview with his own club, Olympique de Lyon, while playing mini-ping pong relaxed. The attacking midfielder's plan is to sign as soon as possible with the club of his dreams, to continue on loan for two more years at Olympique de Lyon until he becomes of age, and then to join Real Madrid to continue developing his career.
A feasible project, in fact in the French media already published that Real Madrid have a preferential right for Cherki. Therefore, if Olympique receives an offer for their player, the white team could match it and keep the Franco-Algerian rights. He also says in the interview that one of his career goals is to win the Golden Ball.
Ligue 1's big reveal
In full adolescence, Cherki has already played 24 professional matches at Olympique Lyon, scoring 9 goals and handing out 3 assists (he debuted last season). But apart from his good numbers, Cherki has dazzled in France for his quality, his skill, his speed with the ball, his overflow and his personality. He looks like a veteran in the body of a kid.
In recent years, especially with the presence of Zidane on the bench or staff, France has become the best white club quarry: Benzema, Varane, Mendy and Areola They form an important nucleus within the white wardrobe, plus Hazard and Courtois, French-speaking Belgians. Now sound Cherki, who openly declares himself a Real Madrid player, and Eduardo Camavinga, another promising player who plays in the midfield of Rennes.
With the coronavirus crisis in the background, the world of football totally stopped and other teams like United, PSG, Barcelona and Juventus lurking we will have to wait to know the future of these future world soccer stars, but Cherki has already made it very clear, to the world and to his own club: “I want to play for Real Madrid.”
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Dani Ceballos, Betis dream
- The referees most corrected by the VAR: Gil Manzano, Estrada …
- Brescia president threatens to withdraw team if Series A resumes
- Who is Ryan García, the boxer who is shaping up to be the new Canelo Álvarez
- UEFA tells clubs not to follow the Belgian example
- Aarhus, the first night of the ‘Tiki Taka’
- 28 years have passed since Juanito's death
- End of contracts creates trouble for stars and clubs
- Dortmund fear that Madrid will go after Haaland
- Martín Presa: “The Government knows that it has family factories for whatever”
- The unthinkable idea that is gaining strength in the NBA to resume competition despite the coronavirus pandemic
- Ajax criticizes UEFA for encouraging the resumption of competitions
- Alarms go off for Achraf
- A sad day for rayismo: goodbye to Goyo Benito and Miguelín
- Toni Nadal: “June will be key in the future of the season”
- Dzyuba: “My dream is Madrid”
- A massive 'remember'
- “My father did not forget that he was Don Goyo Benito, a player for Madrid and the Spanish National Team”
- Kahn: “It is a situation that we only knew about from catastrophe movies”
- Hazard, working for Real Madrid and 'celebrating' with Belgium
- The reason why Luis Suárez did not return to Uruguay in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic and what was his position regarding the Barcelona salary cut
- Pessimism grows in Leganés and cuts are no longer ruled out
- The Athletic family joins the initiative of IC Herri Harmaila
- 25 years of Beckham's Premier debut
- Cádiz and Málaga will play the final of the Carranza eSports Trophy