Abelardo's arrival on the Espanyol bench has brought confidence and optimism. With him, the perico carbura team obtains results in LaLiga (he has added eight of 15 possible) and dreams of permanence. And the Asturian coach has managed to make this Espanyol, in the end, a winning block. The numbers confirm this because since he has taken over the blue and white team, he has added 157 minutes being ahead on the scoreboard and only 125 ’losing. In total, it has +32 ’.
Abelardo premiered on January 4 against Barcelona (2-2) and has since endowed his team with defensive strength and Raúl de Tomás is giving him a lot of air in attack. His only defeat in the League came against Granada (2-1), but one of the positive aspects is that Espanyol has scored in the five meetings with Abelardo. And this has helped him to be a winning team because in just three games he has gone a few minutes behind on the scoreboard. He was falling 29 minutes against Barcelona, 52 ’against Athletic and 44’ in Granada. And the latter was the only time they failed to tie the duel. Spanishism relies on permanence and is that the current moment is good and the sensations, too.
The numbers make the Espanyol de Abelardo a reliable team and the wrongdoing of the beginning of the course has been left behind. The comparisons are sometimes odious, but the data obtained with David Gallego and Pablo Machín were unsustainable and hence the parakeets settled dangerously in the descent. Gallego was the first coach of this course and his only triumph in the eight days played takes on a miracle because he only managed to be ahead on the scoreboard in 59 minutes in the League. On the contrary, he was a total of 332 ’losing. One victory, two draws and five league losses defeated him and he thought of Machin as revulsive. But it made water. With him, it is true that he was ahead in 151 minutes during his ten league games, but he was in tow in 452 ’.
With Abelardo there is hope. The most important thing is that he is trying to make the Galgo and Machín streaks forget. Between these two they were 210 ’winning (784’ losing). Abelardo has already been 157 ’with his Espanyol commanding. This team is a winner, as it is showing in all the games played.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The U-20 Women's World Cup in Costa Rica and Panama is suspended
- A month without football in Cornellà-El Prat
- Van de Beek: “I'm still not learning to speak Spanish”
- The 'ERTE' of the referees
- The greats of Serie A pressure the modest to play again
- Ireland ceases McCarthy and replaces Stephen Kenny
- Official: Kobe Bryant was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame
- The Royal Union completes its sports organization chart
- NBA: A Historic Generation for the Hall of Fame: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett | NBA 2019
- Osasuna will save five million euros with the reduction of wages
- Real Madrid dominate the '98'
- Rubi predicts “a new League with surprises”
- Fans love Silva
- Casemiro: “I don't think about winning the League, I think about winning the coronavirus”
- United to donate 30% of his salary for next month
- Sharapova shares her phone number to chat with her followers during confinement
- Everton seeks to shake up the pass market with two Real Madrid figures
- Modric's continuity does not modify the 'Odegaard plan'
- Luis Enrique would select “all” those who fight against the coronavirus
- Marcos Llorente baptizes his dog with the name of … Anfield
- El Benito Villamarín, logistics center for sanitary protective masks
- Osmar Ibáñez: “Soccer in Asia is a cyclone: you don't know where you are going to fall”
- An empty field, a comeback and the only title of the month: football is in Tajikistan
- Extra life for the generation of Gabriel Jesús, Lautaro, Dembélé …
- Van Gaal criticizes clubs that want to cancel leagues