Abelardo's arrival on the Espanyol bench has brought confidence and optimism. With him, the perico carbura team obtains results in LaLiga (he has added eight of 15 possible) and dreams of permanence. And the Asturian coach has managed to make this Espanyol, in the end, a winning block. The numbers confirm this because since he has taken over the blue and white team, he has added 157 minutes being ahead on the scoreboard and only 125 ’losing. In total, it has +32 ’.
Abelardo premiered on January 4 against Barcelona (2-2) and has since endowed his team with defensive strength and Raúl de Tomás is giving him a lot of air in attack. His only defeat in the League came against Granada (2-1), but one of the positive aspects is that Espanyol has scored in the five meetings with Abelardo. And this has helped him to be a winning team because in just three games he has gone a few minutes behind on the scoreboard. He was falling 29 minutes against Barcelona, 52 ’against Athletic and 44’ in Granada. And the latter was the only time they failed to tie the duel. Spanishism relies on permanence and is that the current moment is good and the sensations, too.
The numbers make the Espanyol de Abelardo a reliable team and the wrongdoing of the beginning of the course has been left behind. The comparisons are sometimes odious, but the data obtained with David Gallego and Pablo Machín were unsustainable and hence the parakeets settled dangerously in the descent. Gallego was the first coach of this course and his only triumph in the eight days played takes on a miracle because he only managed to be ahead on the scoreboard in 59 minutes in the League. On the contrary, he was a total of 332 ’losing. One victory, two draws and five league losses defeated him and he thought of Machin as revulsive. But it made water. With him, it is true that he was ahead in 151 minutes during his ten league games, but he was in tow in 452 ’.
With Abelardo there is hope. The most important thing is that he is trying to make the Galgo and Machín streaks forget. Between these two they were 210 ’winning (784’ losing). Abelardo has already been 157 ’with his Espanyol commanding. This team is a winner, as it is showing in all the games played.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to [email protected], and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Cagliari-Naples Naples wins in Cagliari with a goal by Mertens
- The 2 Barça players who can miss the Classic by penalty
- Atlético Tucumán – Argentinos live
- Real Madrid – Celta: Applause and silence from the Bernabu in honor of David Gistau | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Real Madrid-Celta de Vigo in pictures
- Kroos has his favorite victim in Celta: 6 goals
- DC News: City fears to meet the best Hazard in Madrid
- Rosario Central – Gymnastics and Fencing live
- Copa del Rey basketball: Jaycee Carroll's farewell scent exhibit: “You have to see it”
- Puyol: “To support a style you depend on the result”
- Madness in England: Florentino wants a Benzema-Agüero duo
- Real Oviedo loses and life is complicated
- The League is indigestible to Athletic
- The Celtic has a Blaugrana gene
- The Norwegian Casper Ruud wins his first title in Argentina
- Quiniela: What happens after the postponement of the Eibar-Real Sociedad?
- Liga Santander: La Liga is a nightmare for Athletic | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Derrick Jones Jr wins Aaron Gordon in a controversial math contest
- “May this serve as a lesson,” laments Pacheco
- Athletic – Osasuna live: LaLiga Santander, live
- Real Madrid – Celta live: LaLiga Santander, live
- Last minute: Florentino will not be in the box of Real Madrid-Celta
- Atalanta leaves Rome on the canvas
- Follow the final of the Copa del Rey ACB live in DC
- Club Atletico Alvarado – Barracas Central live