The prodigy Armand Duplantis again breaks the world record for the pole vault and experts already see it “beyond 6.25 meters”.
One centimeter less to reach infinity. Armand Duplantis I broke this Saturday in Glasgow his own record of the world of pole vault: you surpass the list located at 6.18 meters and, at age 20, repeated an interesting question: Where to take the human being? Unlike in other disciplines, where there is hardly any margin, physicists believe that, with a pole, a man or a woman can exceed seven meters in height, and Duplantis is handled in that difference. With him, nothing is impossible.
Right now it is to jump 6.25 meters. In Glasgow, in fact, the list is superfluous. But it is not that easy. (Sergei) Bubka That is also worth it, he could jump more than 6.30, but by circumstances his world record remained at 6.15 meters. You have to have everything in favor on several occasions, analyze Alberto Ruiz 'Lobito', prtiga finalist in Los Angeles 1984 and Barcelona 1992, former Spanish record holder and current head of the specialty in the CAR of Sant Cugat.
According to his considerations, in the current state, Duplantis, of only 20 years, may still raise his record a little more next Sunday at Clermont Ferrand, but then he will have to return to work: Like any 20-year-old athlete, he has the capacity of improvement in everything. You can run faster, you can improve the whipping and, with that, you can use a harder pole and try a higher grip. The only thing I don't dare to talk about is his technique. He has broken everything that has been established, has questioned everything we know. From the time of Bubka, everyone follows a style and jumps very differently, in their own way.
Childhood and money
It has revolutionized everything and that is why it is very difficult to talk about its limits. 6.25 meters? Yes, it can. 6.30? Also. In addition to the revolution of Bubka's style, strength and robotization, of its lightness and flexibility, another dogma has changed. Like the Ingebrigtsen, Duplantis is the result of early specialization. Contrary to popular belief, he has been jumping with a pole since he was five years old and has not tired, he has not lost his way. For him jumping is something natural, he is an artist, he reflects Ramn Cid, Spanish coach from 2013 to 2018, which celebrates the appearance of a star capable of crossing the borders of athletics and values another strong point of Duplantis: money, in principle, not being an obstacle.
A bonus is paid for every record in the world (Duplantis won 30,000 dollars in Glasgow yesterday), but it seems different from Bubka, it doesn't seem to be its main interest. He has fun jumping and maybe one day he decides to improve his record by two or three inches.
Technology can also help you. In the pole, in fact, it has been of great importance: the revolution that the bamboo meant in its day, then the metal poles and so on until it reached the fiberglass that is used now. Any progress could mean an improvement and in these times of innovation in shoes you have to take into account that the entry speed in the pole is key. I can help you, of course, it ends Jordan Santos, Doctor in Exercise Physiology from the University of the Basque Country, who, like the rest of the experts, like the rest of the fans, is already waiting for the next Duplantis performance. There is one centimeter less to reach infinity.
According to the criteria of
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Christian Minchola, Atlético's child player, dies
- Sergio Ramos joins the #TeamHomeChallenge and leaves some surprises
- Shevchenko, after 10 days of confinement: “It is something very similar to Chernbil”
- PSG are interested in an Atlético youth squad
- Unusual: they confused Messi with his impersonator on French TV and the networks were full of memes
- Nadal: “We continue to adapt to this circumstance that has surpassed us”
- “Klopp told me that playing Liverpool-Atlético was a criminal act and he is right”
- The Champions League could be played in August
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer