Rafael Nadal, by the hand of Pau Gasol, has launched a new solidarity initiative to fight the coronavirus disaster. In collaboration with the Red Cross, The Mallorcan and Catalan have made a donation for the 'Red Cross Responds' mission, with the intention of elevating funds for these households and teams most affected as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
By an emotional video posted on their social networks, Nadal inspired all Spaniards and athletes to contribute their grain of sand in the face of such a tough state of affairs:
“We’re in a second that’s tough to elucidate and possible. This pandemic has modified the lives of all of us and particularly of the people who find themselves struggling it. These are unhappy moments. The information isn’t very encouraging, however there isn’t a different alternative however to be inspired, to be sturdy and struggle collectively to win the virus.
I’ve been residence for days desirous about how I might help on this state of affairs. I’ve come to the conclusion that you simply, the Spanish folks, have by no means failed us athletes. I believe that athletes, largely, are what we’re due to your assist. It’s the second wherein athletes can’t fail. It occurred to me to name my pal Pau and he was additionally desirous about how we might do one thing. We got here to the conclusion that it was time to begin this initiative, to which we belief that each one Spanish sport will unite and set a great instance of unity. We accomplice with the Reply Red Cross Challenge, which is supplying medical provides, hospital infrastructures, serving to the most susceptible households and creating lodging for particular teams.
The target is evident: get 11 million euros to assist 1,340,000 folks. We belief that each one Spanish sports activities come collectively and assist the initiative to realize our aim. Pau and I’ve already made our donation and we belief you as a result of that is going to be our best victory. “
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League