Gael Monfils expanded the successful custom of French tennis in Montpellier to beat this Sunday in the Canadian last Vasek Pospisil, 7-5 and 6-3, and be carried out for the third time in his profession with this title.
Champion in 2019 and 2014, Monfils, is the final of the French gamers that dominates this event. In the 9 editions of this occasion, solely in 2012 and 2017, with the Czech Tomas Berdych and the German Alexander Zverev, as champions respectively, the title escaped from French fingers.
With six direct serves and breaking the 4 break factors that his opponent had, Monfils took the ninth title of his profession in one hour and 34 minutes. Pospisil, executioner in the semifinals of Belgian David Goffin, second favourite, shouldn’t be good at Monfils. On six events, counting this one from Montpellier, the 29-year-old Canadian has by no means been in a position to win a single set to the French, ninth in the world.
Vesely wins in Pune
The czech Jiri Vesely, of 26 years and 107 of the world, was the executioner of the Belarusian Egor Gerasimov, second of this nationality that has occurred to him this week, and has been proclaimed winner of the event of Pune (India).
Vesely, who had saved six match factors in the final two days, beat Gerasimov, 7-6 (2), 5-7 and 6-3. That is the second event that Vesely wins, the first since the one among Auckland in 2015. He had additionally performed Bucharest that very same season, however fell in the last.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Dzyuba: “My dream is Real Madrid”
- “A few months ago I saw Benito very strong”
- Domínguez explodes against Pedro Sánchez and Pablo Iglesias
- UEFA wants Euro 2020 venues to keep the same schedule
- “Soccer will be less arrogant after the pandemic”
- Roger Federer will play at Halle and Wimbledon in 2021
- Atlético ERTE: the workforce is reduced by 70 percent the salary
- De Bruyne: “If not playing avoids problems, better not come back”
- Boateng fined for skipping quarantine and having a car accident
- The former Serie A goalkeeper compared to Oblak
- Marcelo 'covers' Reguilón
- Muniain parks football until the sanitary problem is solved
- The 10 memorable moments of the Miami Masters
- Essential after 30
- Rome, possible fate of Mario Götze
- Jerome Boateng, charged against Bayern for fining him
- “I'd like to know what healthy people are at home for”
- Pablo Aguilar, the Paraguayan defender who becomes the leader behind Cruz Azul
- Priscila: “I don't see ethical or fair that the season ends like this”
- Luka Modric will fulfill his contract at Real Madrid and will continue until 2021
- “Angelici has nothing to do with my project in Elche”
- Nacho Zabal, the first Spanish player in the history of Atlético Ottawa
- López Catalán: “We hope to finish the competition”
- Dani Ceballos, Betis dream
- The referees most corrected by the VAR: Gil Manzano, Estrada …