The yellow team catches the sixth place after defeating Levante with goals from Gerard and Moi Gmez
The duel between the top national scorers at the Estadio de la Cermica was taken by Gerard Moreno, who with his tenth of the championship equal to Roger Mart and Angel, advanced to Villarreal and put up a victory (2-1) to allow the yellow team finish the day in European positions for the first time in a long time. The team of Calleja threw effectiveness in beating a Levante pelen but who missed the shot left over from his rival.
Enter Levante to the game by harassing. Five minutes later he had already thrown as many corner kicks but it was Villarreal who bit the first one he had, in a long pass from Cazorla that Alccer went down pointing the ball towards Gerard. The Catalan profiled and took advantage of the centimeters that Clerc gave him to arm the left-handed and cross away from the reach of Aitor.
The 'granota' team dominated but those of Calleja didn't need to have too much money to generate danger, as in a Moi Gmez launch that Aitor cleared. The answer was given by Roger Mart, the most active in the Valencian attack and after not getting very close to a good delivery from Clerc to the area he had a good option for the tie in a cross shot after winning his back to the defense. He tried especially on the sides of the Levant, taking advantage of the incorporations of Clerc and the verticality of Rochina, whom Iborra had to tear down when he was going to face Asenjo after a good pass from Roger. Calleja opted to leave Moncada on the bench at the break after the second yellow was played in a jump with Vukcevic.
Paco Lpez's team needed to move the ball more quickly to overflow a very solid Villarreal in defense, where Rubn Pea returned to act on foot changed on the left-handed side and endured one more week Funes Mori despite being already available Pau. The yellows were gaining prominence with the passing of the minutes, growing in the match at the rate marked by an omnipresent Cazorla. The Spaniard put Alccer one of those passes to the back of the defense that are dynamite in the boots of the forward but Aitor was quick to go to court. At the start of the second half he left another detail of his great class breaking Campaa's waist on the front with a subtle touch to leave the ball in his left foot. Aitor cut his shot, strong but focused.
The danger of the Levant came to a standstill, the great must of this Villarreal. Bardhi forced Asenjo to show off in one of those free throws that the Macedonian embroiders and in the subsequent corner kick Moi Gmez deflected the ball, which ended up crashing into the post. The goal came after one of Clerc's internships, which put a good center that finished off the Mayoral net on the second post.
The happiness for the tie to Paco Lpez's team was short. Barely four minutes after Villarreal came back ahead after a good hit from Moi Gmez from the front, although we had to wait no less than five minutes to ratify the VAR, who was studying up to a millimeter a possible offside Gerard before he attended Moi.
Half an hour ahead, Levante had to take risks, starting with the system, moving on to play with three backs, delaying its Campaa position to throw the sides up. The scenario was perfect for Chukwueze, who soon appeared to try to sentence the counter but the two clear actions of danger generated by the yellows broke up a very careful Vezo. El Levante, with unclear ideas, barely got a ball into the area that Miramn finished off badly.
According to the criteria of
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Christian Minchola, Atlético's child player, dies
- Sergio Ramos joins the #TeamHomeChallenge and leaves some surprises
- Shevchenko, after 10 days of confinement: “It is something very similar to Chernbil”
- PSG are interested in an Atlético youth squad
- Unusual: they confused Messi with his impersonator on French TV and the networks were full of memes
- Nadal: “We continue to adapt to this circumstance that has surpassed us”
- “Klopp told me that playing Liverpool-Atlético was a criminal act and he is right”
- The Champions League could be played in August
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer