- Getafe, true to his style, set a great game at the Camp Nou
- Griezmann and Sergi Roberto, authors of the goals; Angel, by visitor
- Jordi Alba got injured and has a hard time getting to the March 1 Classic
FC Barcelona won this Saturday 2-1 against Getafe CF, thanks to the goals of Antoine Griezmann and Sergi Roberto, in a match corresponding to day 24 of LaLiga Santander and which resolved the Catalans before the break, while his rival accused lack of spark after cutting distances with a target of Angel Rodriguez.
This result put Barça with 52 points, tied in the coliderato with Real Madrid. For its part, the Azulón team saw its good league streak truncated and took 42 points in the third provisional place, in the absence of Sevilla playing against Espanyol during the Sunday round of meetings.
The duel of benches between Quique Setién and José Bordalás, with past quarrels and apparently forgotten, was finally taken by the Blaugrana coach. But Setién barely enjoyed Leo Messi's loose flashes, as vanishing points in an insipid match and not without controversy served from the VAR.
The first 20 minutes made it clear that Getafe knows how to deal with adversaries of all kinds. The back lines close together, constant help in each marking and fast players in each band; That usual recipe put Marc-André ter Stegen in trouble, at least a couple of times.
He even scored the visiting team first, by Allan Nyom. At the exit of a corner, his teammate Jorge Molina finished back in the first post and Ter Stegen deflected the ball, although leaving it to pleasure in the small area. The '12' of Getafe appeared to rivet the bottom of the net, although he had previously dodged Samuel Umtiti.
Despite the fact that the main referee, Guillermo Cuadra Fernández, decreed the goal as valid in the first instance, he ended up canceling it by interpreting in the television repetition that Nyom had committed a foul in said struggle, due to a swipe with Umtiti's shoulder.
The locals quickly shook off the scare, inaugurating the score. Umtiti raised the play on the left side and passed the ball to Messi, who from the front of the area leaked at the first touch an assist to Griezmann. The French striker, with a subtle and also first-handed left-footed shot, 'stung' the ball before the rival goalkeeper's exit.
The withdrawal of Jordi Alba, replaced by Junior Firpo because of an injury to the adductor of the right leg, was not being noticed until then. Not surprisingly, Barça extended its advantage in the 39th minute, when Sergi Roberto finished a low pass in goal and from his own Junior Firpo band, active by the usual lane of Jordi Alba.
There, the battle reached a point of anesthesia. Only the usual, Messi, stretched the fans of Camp Nou right on the edge of rest. A header from him, after a center pumped to the second post, was repelled by goalkeeper David Soria with a pretty stretched foot changed.
Angel always meets
Upon returning from changing rooms, the general dynamic was being the same until Ángel Rodríguez entered the field. Virtually everything was summed up in the Junior Firpo race without a prize on the left side, the leaked passes to nowhere by Messi and the frustrated unchecking of Griezmann.
Bordalás' plan was to send his pupils to attack, neglecting the defensive zone. But he didn't care, since Getafe is rubbing shoulders this season with the 'roosters' and a goal would cheer the trick. Said and done, Angel scored 2-1 by flying in an unorthodox way a center of Jaime Mata from the right wing.
Between the two central culé, and taking advantage of the fact that Gerard Piqué had miscalculated the jump for clearance, the '9' blue put fear in the body at Camp Nou. A striker intended by Barça, at the expense of being allowed to sign a substitute for Ousmane Dembélé, thereby caused a stroke.
To make matters worse, Angel himself had the tie in his boots, topping down a side and quite distant foul. Ter Stegen failed to try to catch the ball, but reacted immediately to prevent it from crossing the goal line; also, he touched the ball a third time, preventing Mata from pushing what would have been 2-2.
The answer came with two Griezmann shots, but both deflected and leaving uncertainty until the final whistle. The first of them, after the nth low pass of Junior Firpo, sent him to the clouds; and the second was the definition of a backlash, executing a right too crossed in front of David Soria. The Blaugranas asked for an hour before an opponent without further hitting the conclusion.
FC BARCELONA: Ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Umtiti, Jordi Alba (Junior Firpo, min. 22); Busquets, Arthur (Rakitic, min. 75), De Jong; Messi, Griezmann and Ansu Fati (Vidal, min. 85).
GETAFE CF: Soria; Nyom, Etxeita, Djené, Olivera (Kenedy, min. 52); Etebo (Amath, min. 68), Arambarri, Maksimovic, Cucurella; Mata and Molina (Angel, min. 52).
1-0, min. 33: Griezmann.
2-0, min. 39: Sergi Roberto.
2-1, min. 66: Angel.
–ÁRBITRO: Cuadra Fernández (C.Balear). He yellowed Umtiti (min. 49), Junior Firpo (min. 82) and Ansu Fati (min. 85) by FC Barcelona; and Bordalás (min. 18), Mata (min. 73) and Kenedy (min. 89) in Getafe CF.
–ESTADIO: Camp Nou, 80,409 spectators.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Christian Minchola, Atlético's child player, dies
- Sergio Ramos joins the #TeamHomeChallenge and leaves some surprises
- Shevchenko, after 10 days of confinement: “It is something very similar to Chernbil”
- PSG are interested in an Atlético youth squad
- Unusual: they confused Messi with his impersonator on French TV and the networks were full of memes
- Nadal: “We continue to adapt to this circumstance that has surpassed us”
- “Klopp told me that playing Liverpool-Atlético was a criminal act and he is right”
- The Champions League could be played in August
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer