- Campazzo guided Real Madrid with 13 points and 13 assists
Real Madrid has proclaimed champion of the 84th edition of the Copa del Rey after rolling over Unicaja this Sunday in the final played at Martín Carpena (68-95), where Facundo Campazzo has completed another master performance to allow the white team I recovered the throne throne three years later.
The showcases of Real Madrid are reopened to host the twenty-eighth Cup of its history after a round weekend in Malaga, where it has beaten RETAbet Bilbao Basket, Valencia Basket and Unicaja with great authority. In the forgetfulness there are already the last two and controversial final against Barça, which once again surpasses in three cup titles after achieving the broadest victory in a final with the modern format.
For its part, the Unicaja, victim of the 'curse' of the host, fell in the second final of the three he has played in the competition. Depleted by the injury of Jaime Fernández, his best man in this Cup and who could barely play eight minutes, he found no answers beyond the faith of Darío Brizuela (22 points). Sad ending for a weekend in which Malaga had stoked his illusion much later.
Real Madrid started the same formula used throughout this weekend: whatever Campazzo says. And the Argentine base said that in the final he played festival from the perimeter and to the task that the white patrol put on, martyred his adversary with an 8/14 in the first quarter and a half. Meanwhile, Unicaja scored 0/7 and suffered with Jaime Fernández; visibly lame, he left the bench and could not return.
To the load, led by Carroll with 10 points in the first quarter, Rudy Fernandez joined with two triples in a row as soon as the second began. Unicaja still did not appear in 'his' final and Real Madrid took advantage of it to warn with a quick sentence (14-35, min. 14), as in the semifinal against Valencia Basket. He fulfilled his threat and the final ended long ahead of time.
Brizuela can't avoid a historical beating
Above it was achieved without the contest of Walter Tavares, who went to the bench as soon as he committed the first foul. Maximum protection of Pablo Laso for his lethal weapon under the hoops. Unicaja was looking for a leader and Darío Brizuela, pure character, did not wrinkle to finally light the pavilion, drugged by the marker.
The escort scored 10 of the 12 points followed by the Andalusians, who reduced the white lead to less than half (26-35, min. 18). He roared the 'Basque Mamba' and roared the Carpena, and so much noise woke Campazzo, who returned to the track to reduce the local euphoria. After five minutes without scoring, coinciding with the passing of the Argentine on the bench, Real Madrid hit another stretch before the break (28-43).
After passing through changing rooms, Carroll, about to turn 37, continued to show the energy of a kid and also Tavares began to damage the paint. As always, all under the approval of Campazzo, who allowed genius as circus as effective that aroused the cries of admiration of the Malaga public, who at least saw quality plays because the battle was more than sentenced at the end of the third quarter (40- 68).
He ended up testing the Unicaja of medicine that he had applied in the semifinals to MoraBanc Andorra. This time he played the role of a martyr before a much higher rival and plugged in at the key moment after a few weeks of doubt, projected towards his nineteenth title in the 'Laso era', six of them in the Cup. An unquestionable champion.
UNICAJA: Adams (7), Fernández (4), Toupane (2), Thompson (6) and Gerun (4) – initial quintet–; Brizuela (22), Suárez (6), Díaz (2), Ejim (4), Waczynski (2), Guerrero (2) and Elegar (7).
REAL MADRID: Campazzo (13), Carroll (20), Deck (6), Randolph (5) and Tavares (12) – initial quintet–; Llull (4), Rudy (6), Thompkins (12), Taylor (9), Causeur (5), Laprovittola (3) and Reyes (-).
– PARTIALS: 13-26, 15-17, 14-25 and 26-27.
– ARBITRATORS: Martín Bertrán, Peruga and Calatrava. Without eliminated.
– PAVILION: Martín Carpena. 10,874 spectators.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League