Wyndham Clark wins the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, even though the final round had to be canceled because of bad weather.

Wyndham Clark wins the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, even though the final round had to be canceled because of bad weather.

Even though Wyndham Clark was forced to wait through a storm, he won his third PGA Tour event. It was too bad to play the final round at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am on Sunday night because of bad weather along California’s central coast.

The Tour pushed back the start for the round twice on Sunday morning before calling it a day. Then, on Sunday night, they decided to end the competition early because the weather for Monday didn’t look good.

As a storm hit the coast, wind gusts in up to 60 mph were possible on the Monterey Peninsula. This made the course unplayable and led to many severe weather warnings or watches across the state.

The Tour planned to try to play again on Monday at 8 a.m. local time. An 80-player field and no cut were used for the second named event of the season.

Also, a finish on Tuesday was almost impossible because at least half of the field needed to finish the fourth round through the time play stopped on Monday.

The Tour went back to reviewing the 54-hole leaderboard since the tournament was over early. After his great game on Saturday, which rendered Clark the winner.

Clark shot a 12-under 60 in the third round at Pebble Beach. This set a new course record and put him ahead of everyone else by one shot.
Clark didn’t have to make another shot.

The defending U.S. Open champion had a score of 60, which included nine birdies and two eagles. He also made just under 190 feet of putts, which is the greatest total by a competitor in a round during Pebble Beach since the statistic began being kept in 2003.

The final round of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am was canceled by the PGA Tour on Sunday night because of dangerous weather that would last into the next day. Wyndham Clark was chosen as the winner of the tournament.

That was Clark’s last shot on Saturday. It was a two-putt birdie from 25 feet, which gave him a course record 12-under 60 along with a one-shot lead in Ludvig Aberg, who missed an eagle putt on the par-5 18th hole.

Clark told the group on a call Sunday night, “It might not be how you’d like to win.” “That being said, a lot of humanity yesterday had this outside chance—not that we knew it—and thought that maybe this was our last round.”

Clark was a shot behind on Saturday or said he wanted to finish in the top 10. The PGA Tour had to postpone its final round because of bad weather. Overnight rain soaked Pebble Beach, and then there was a lot of wind. They hope to play on Monday.

It was going to be Monday morning before the storm, which was called an “atmospheric river” hit California again. Even though things were supposed to get better, the county’s emergency officials told people to stay home.

The PGA Tour said, “Out of an abundance of caution for the security of all constituents, that will be no play on Monday.” They then called the tournament 54 holes and Clark was the winner.

Clark won big again, this time for $3.6 million. This is his third gain in nine months. He won the Wells Fargo Golf Championship and the U.S. Open at Los Angeles County Club last year, which was his first major.

On the 18th green, he failed to take a picture with the trophy. Also, he didn’t feel slighted by the lack of appreciation from the crowd after his near-death at 59. Clark said, “Everyone was happy and congratulating me.”

And I told myself, ‘This feels like I’ve won the tournament,’ even though we still had another game to play.

You’re trying not to think too far ahead this afternoon when you wake up and the day is canceled. I got a call telling me that we have to cancel. You win.