- Campazzo and Tavares guided Laso's to a comfortable victory
Real Madrid has qualified this Saturday for their seventh consecutive final in the Copa del Rey after overwhelming Valencia Basket at Martín Carpena (91-68), where Facundo Campazzo and Walter Tavares, unstoppable in their respective functions, have submitted to their I crave an opponent well below his usual level.
After four quarter-final duels full of emotion, the semifinals left the first beating of the tournament, very unexpected in which as Valencia Basket came from eliminating Barça with a very serious performance. Your second Cup title should continue to wait in this 21st century.
The main culprit was Campazzo, hyperactive in every corner of the court to complete a sensational statistic: 15 points, 9 assists, 7 steals and 31 valuation in less than 23 minutes of play. Tavares was not behind with 9 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks, 21 valuation and the usual intimidation that do not reflect the numbers, but that the rival always feels like salt on the wound.
The staging of Real Madrid was devastating, a 9-0 in less than three minutes with two references as clear as not surprising: Tavares in defense and Campazzo everywhere, the particular duo sharpener of the white team, stifling for any rival when comes out to bite from the beginning.
The first time he stepped on the bench, shortly after starting the second quarter, the Argentine had 5 steals and 16 valuations. He left to rest with the work done: his team in clear advantage (28-13, min.12) and a maniatado rival who stayed in 20 points to rest. When Tavares followed, Real Madrid threw more than six minutes without scoring.
Campazzo fiddles with a sunken Valencia
But that drought was of little importance because Valencia Basket also didn't find answers on the perimeter and it took 10 attempts to score its first triple. Bojan Dubljevic scored his first basket in the 15th minute and if the game had some rest left in the break (34-20) it was because Real Madrid was not fine in the shot, especially Rudy Fernández and Sergio Llull with a 0/9 between the two. To those of Pablo Laso it was enough to overwhelm a bounced and confused opponent in the rebound (40-26 at the end).
The doubt after the break was to know if Valencia Basket had arguments and gasoline to dream of the comeback and the answer was clear: no. Campazzo hit the bugle again, leading an even more hungry pack to the smell of blood. The game was sentenced before the last quarter (62-37, min. 27) and the only unknown was the size of the tunda.
With a triple of Llull the maximum of 30 was reached (83-53, min.35). Only at this moment did Real Madrid relax and dose players thinking about the final, a luxury in such a demanding tournament. This is how Nicolás Laprovittola and Felipe Reyes debuted in this Cup, who became the player with the most victories in the history of the competition (34) beating Juan Carlos Navarro.
REAL MADRID: Campazzo (15), Carroll (12), Deck (7), Randolph (16) and Tavares (9) – initial quintet–; Llull (6), Rudy (-), Thompkins (9), Taylor (5), Causeur (8), Laprovittola (-) and Reyes (4).
VALENCIA BASKET: Vives (8), Marinkovic (2), Doornekamp (7), Ndour (4) and Dubljevic (7) – initial quintet–; Colom (9), Tailor (3), Saint Emeterio (-), Labeyrie (5), Tobey (11) and Abalde (12).
– PARTIALS: 18-11, 16-9, 33-24 and 24-24.
– ARBITRATORS: Hierrezuelo, Peruga and Oyón. Without eliminated.
– PAVILION: Martín Carpena. 10,437 spectators
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The Champions League could be played in August
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer
- Villas-Boas rethinks the soccer calendar until 2022
- The million dollar figure that Premier League players could donate to save the rest of professional English football
- “The change in the date of the Euro Cup will affect young people”
- The confessions of the former Athletic and ‘capi’ of Leganés Unai Bustinza
- Wozniacki robbed in a grocery store
- A summer at zero cost
- “Let's fill the Bernabéu with solidarity”, Madrid's campaign against the coronavirus