Chelsea eliminates a Porto fighter and is already waiting for Real Madrid or Liverpool

The Chelsea returns seven years later to the semifinals of the Champions, where the winner of the tie will be measured between Real Madrid Y Liverpool. The London team asserted the 0-2 of the first leg against Porto in the Sánchez-Pizjuán, the same scenario in which this Tuesday fell 0-1 with a goal from the Iranian's Chilean Mehdi Taremi in the discount. The English conservatism could with the fight of a Portuguese box that touched the extension after a late awakening.

The Porto came out with a 4-3-3 and greater ambition than the Chelsea. The Portuguese wanted to mark the ‘line’ from the beginning and in minute 3, the ex-Madridista Pepe put his elbow out for a walk before Kai havertz in a jump that the referee did not sanction before the protests of the English.

The intensity of Porto contrasted with the squalor of a Chelsea little showy that barely approached the goal of Marchesín. Mason Mount, Pulisic and Havertz, the top three of the box Thomas tuchel, did not disturb the whole of Sergio Conceiçao, who had two good chances in the first half by means of Jesus Crown. The Mexican attacker was about to take advantage of a goal error Mendy (11 '), but could not score, as in another clear opportunity (33') that he lost over the crossbar.

The Portuguese team was losing some of its bellows as the minutes passed, while the Chelsea, who hardly suffered and who lived on income after the 0-2 in the first leg, limited himself to controlling the game without problems, with Jorginho and Kanté imposing its law in the center of the field. In fact, the first half ended without any auction between clubs by both teams.

After the break, the Porto continued looking for the goal that would get him in the tie against a Chelsea who put pressure on the Portuguese and who was able to go ahead on the scoreboard with a shot of Pulisic (54 ') who did not find a goal.

Shortly after, the 'blue' team had an excellent opportunity, but the providential crossing of the side Manafá aborted a shot from Mason Mount with a goal mark.

With the clock playing in Chelsea's favor, the stagnant Porto sought to open avenues in attack with the entry of the Iranian forward Mehdi Taremi, which did not take long to prove Mendy with a header (64 ').

But those of Conceiçao, with a Sergio Oliveira disappeared in the wide field, they did not have enough ideas to put in serious trouble a Chelsea that looked closer and closer to the semifinals.

The Porto He tried to burn the ships with a triple change with 15 minutes remaining, although it was necessary to wait until minute 94 to see the best of the game. A center of Nanú finished it off Taremi with a spectacular Chilean who entered the entire squad. Without a doubt, one of the goals of the season. There was no time to force the extension in a duel in which the Portuguese said goodbye to the Champions with your head held high.

0 – Chelsea: Mendy; Chilwell, Rudiger, Silva, Azpilicueta, James; Kanté, Jorginho; Mount (Ziyech, m.86), Havertz (Giroud, m.92) and Pulisic.

1 – Porto: Marchesin; Sanusi, Pepe, Mbemba, Manafa (Nanu, m.75); Uribe, Grujic (Taremi, m.63), Oliveira (Vieira, m.84); Otavio, Marega (Evanilson, m.74) and Corona (Diaz, m.75).

Goal: 1-0, Taremi (m. 94).

Referee: Clément Turpin (France). He admonished Oliveira (m.46), Corona (m.74), Pepe (m.82), Diaz (m.88) and Taremi (m.95).

Incidents: Second leg of the quarterfinals of the Champions League played at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in Seville behind closed doors.