The All England Garden Tennis Membership (AELTC), organizer of Wimbledon, acknowledged this Wednesday that the doable suspension of the third 'Grand Slam' of the season, due to the coronavirus pandemic, will probably be on the desk at an emergency assembly subsequent week. “The AELTC proclaims that it is persevering with a detailed analysis of all of the eventualities for The Championships 2020, together with the postponement and cancellation, as a results of the COVID-19 outbreak,” says the official word from the British 'large'.
Final week, the Wimbledon group stored its plan unchanged, whereas acknowledging the unpredictability of the scenario. The pandemic pressured the Worldwide Olympic Committee yesterday to postpone the Tokyo Video games to 2021, and males's and girls's tennis has stopped simply till June, the grass tour. “The AELTC has been planning contingencies since January, working intently with the UK authorities and public well being authorities to comply with their recommendation and perceive the probably impression of COVID-19“He explains.” An emergency assembly of the AELTC Principal Board is scheduled for subsequent week, and we’re speaking intently with the LTA, and with the ATP, WTA, ITF and the opposite 'Grand Slams', “he provides, recognizing that suspending Wimbledon, with the grass planted in April, is not straightforward in such a quick window, and making it clear that taking part in behind closed doorways is “out of the query.”
“The unprecedented problem offered by the COVID-19 disaster continues to have an effect on our lifestyle in methods we couldn’t have imagined, and our ideas are with all these affected within the UK and around the globe. Crucial consideration is public well being, and we’re decided to act responsibly by way of the choices we make.“says Richard Lewis CBE, government director of the AELTC.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League