The incredible sanction that UEFA imposed on Manchester City has been received in Italy with surprise and, in some cases, with great enthusiasm, as is the case with tifosi of Juventus, whose majority never received with special enthusiasm the arrival of Maurizio Sarri, both for his past in Naples and for his resume (his only title is the Europa League he raised in the past year with Chelsea).
The dream of the bianconeri He always had the same name and surname: Pep Guardiola. The former Barça already rang, and very much, last summer after the news that Allegri did not continue as coach of the Turin team.
The entity of the Agnelli did try the arrival of the Catalan coach, but in 2019 it was impossible for Guardiola to leave the City. The parties ended with a ‘see you soon’ that could be realized this summer in the arrival of Pep to the Italian league.
Guardiola ends the contract in 2021. He recently said he wanted to continue in the English team, but the ban on participating in the top continental competition could change his plans. Until now, the contacts of the City to try to extend the bonding of Spanish have not been successful, in what could be a clear sign that the coach has new sports challenges in his mind. Pep has a special relationship with Italy after his time at Brescia as a player and has never hidden that he would like to try his luck as a coach in Italy. This stage in Brescia allows one of the basic requirements Guardiola demands when he takes the reins of a club: to know the language. After winning titles in Spain, Germany and England, this change would be a new challenge for him in his career.
Although Juve assures otherwise, right now Sarri's position is less solid than ever. In the last four games he has a balance of one victory, two defeats and the controversial draw this Thursday against Milan in the Cup. In addition, losing the Super Cup against Lazio had already weakened the image of the Tuscan coach, who could end his adventure Bianconera in the coming months. Obviously everything will depend on the results in the three competitions, but the choice of Sarri was always with the intention of starting to implement a method similar to that used by Guardiola, with the idea that at some point it will be the Spanish coach who takes the reins of Juventus …
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to [email protected], and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Cagliari-Naples Naples wins in Cagliari with a goal by Mertens
- The 2 Barça players who can miss the Classic by penalty
- Atlético Tucumán – Argentinos live
- Real Madrid – Celta: Applause and silence from the Bernabu in honor of David Gistau | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Real Madrid-Celta de Vigo in pictures
- Kroos has his favorite victim in Celta: 6 goals
- DC News: City fears to meet the best Hazard in Madrid
- Rosario Central – Gymnastics and Fencing live
- Copa del Rey basketball: Jaycee Carroll's farewell scent exhibit: “You have to see it”
- Puyol: “To support a style you depend on the result”
- Madness in England: Florentino wants a Benzema-Agüero duo
- Real Oviedo loses and life is complicated
- The League is indigestible to Athletic
- The Celtic has a Blaugrana gene
- The Norwegian Casper Ruud wins his first title in Argentina
- Quiniela: What happens after the postponement of the Eibar-Real Sociedad?
- Liga Santander: La Liga is a nightmare for Athletic | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Derrick Jones Jr wins Aaron Gordon in a controversial math contest
- “May this serve as a lesson,” laments Pacheco
- Athletic – Osasuna live: LaLiga Santander, live
- Real Madrid – Celta live: LaLiga Santander, live
- Last minute: Florentino will not be in the box of Real Madrid-Celta
- Atalanta leaves Rome on the canvas
- Follow the final of the Copa del Rey ACB live in DC
- Club Atletico Alvarado – Barracas Central live