Manchester City has been excluded from European competitions for the next two seasons: “The UEFA award chamber, after examining all the evidence, has found that Manchester City FC committed serious breaches of the Club Licensing Regulations and UEFA Financial Fair Play by exaggerating their sponsorship income in their accounts and in the break-even information presented to UEFA between 2012 and 2016, “says the UEFA statement. The penalty for not participating in European competitions refers to the seasons 20-21 and 21-22.
Further, the UEFA Club Financial Control Corps (CFCB), which accuses the City of not cooperating in the investigation, has imposed a fine of 30 million euros on the English club. Manchester City may appeal the penalty to the TAS.
Qualifying against Real Madrid
The sanction imposed on the City does not affect the current season, so the knockout round against Real Madrid will be played as planned: the first leg will be played at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium on Wednesday, February 26, and the return at Etihad Stadium on Tuesday, March 17. The two matches will be played at 9:00 p.m. However, the harsh punishment can condition the English club fifteen days before visiting Madrid.
UEFA reopened the City and PSG files a year ago —Which in 2014 resulted in two economic fines— after the second wave of Football Leaks documents published by Der Spiegel will reveal that both clubs received a favorable treatment from UEFA that reduced their sanctions.
In its day, the 2014 Manchester City record was resolved by sanctioning the club with a fine of 20 million euros. In early November, the Football Leaks papers published by Der Spiegel revealed that the penalty was minimal after several secret meetings of UEFA officials with Manchester Cit officialsY. In other concessions, the European confederation would have allowed the City to evade control of the fair play financial income of 2,700 million euros.
The set, which trains Pep Guardiola, believes that the process has been discriminatory: “Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today's announcement by the UEFA Chamber of Adjudication. This is a case initiated by UEFA, processed by UEFA and tried by UEFA. With this discriminatory process now over, the club will try to get an impartial trial as quickly as possible and, therefore, will first initiate proceedings before the Sports Arbitration Court as soon as possible, “the statement from the City
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to [email protected], and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- El Granada, to break its bad streak at home in Pamplona
- Fury is exhibited before Wilder and claims the supremaca in the heavyweights
- The best of the Barcelona – Eibar match in pictures
- Butragueño: “They have been hands”
- Find out why IKEA puts such rare names on its products
- Tejero, new at en once ’at Camp Nou
- Levante and Valencia, to compensate against Tacon and Rayo Vallecano
- Alarm in Madrid by Hazard
- The first game of the daughter of Sergi Roberto
- Atlético – Villarreal | Another Champions duel
- Liga Santander: Zidane, you are a disaster | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Pedro Sánchez and the lives of others
- The Celtic pulls deeds and imposes himself on the Leganés
- The incredible hole in one of Rahm that agit Mexico
- Morales has begun to assume his new role in Levante
- New setback for the DO Rueda: it has to stop the reduction of grape yields by a resource
- Confirmed: Tomás does not travel to Valladolid
- The Madrid sticker on the Camp Nou marker that accompanies Bartomeu
- Braithwaite: “I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi”
- Raúl summons Rodrygo
- Pablo Iglesias will be part of the delegated commission that oversees the CNI
- Marseille – Nantes live
- Barcelona – Eibar: The Camp Nou sentences Bartomeu: pitos, paolada and shouts of resignation | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Markel gold and silver souvenirs
- The Calima leaves the airports of Gran Canaria and Tenerife inoperative