The chief executive, Pedro Sánchez, faces this Thursday's meeting in Barcelona with the president of the Generalitat, Quim Torra, with the aim of demonstrating to the Catalan citizens his firm commitment to dialogue. Although he does not expect to close any agreement with a president determined to raise issues that cannot be assumed by the Executive (self-determination referendum or prisoners' amnesty), Sánchez has proposed to the president of Catalonia that the dialogue table be launched in February.
The president has received Sánchez With honors at the door of the Generalitat after 12:00 before going up the stairs to the hall where both have posed before the graphic media before entering the room where they will keep the talk.
The axes of the “agenda for the reunion” of 44 points Sánchez has given Torra political dialogue and institutional regeneration, regional financing, improved cooperation, social policy and support for public services, boost infrastructure and support for natural disasters, according to sources from Moncloa.
It is the first of the 44 points in which the central government proposes to Torra inaugurate in February the negotiating table agreed with ERC in exchange for the investiture.
Torra, meanwhile, has gifted the chief executive two books -one in English and one in Catalan- on human rights and freedom. Catalan government sources have specified that it is about Inventing human rightsfrom Lynn Hunt, and Llibertat i sentitby Lluís Solà.
Waiting for the assessment that both will make after the conclusion of the meeting – Sanchez is expected to appear first and then Torra, the days prior to the meeting have been sown by the Government's low expectations before the interview with Torra, to which He said he would be accompanied by the Minister of Territorial Policy, Carolina Darias, although he has not been seen at the reception in the Palau.
In Moncloa, they reduced hopes that the meeting would take place “reasonably” and at least serve to normalize the relationship between the two institutions, for the good of Catalan society. While Torra came to the meeting hoping that it would help set the conditions of the negotiating table between governments agreed between ERC and PSOE but without giving up raising Sánchez the right of self-determination and amnesty for prisoners Sovereignty, the only two points that the parties and independent entities agreed to in a meeting three weeks ago.
Sanchez attends the 'impossible' meeting with Torra accompanied by Minister Darias
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Ghajini 2: Aamir Khan Fans Trend’s Ghajini 2 on Social Platform
- Scandal in Spain: a Celtic figure broke the quarantine to flee to Russia because his girlfriend turned 18
- Castilla lowers salary
- Javier Castillejo, when a boxer brings him the purchase: “Campen, what are you doing here?”
- The Australian Open plans to play behind closed doors in 2021
- LaLiga and AFE will meet next week despite the salary taboo
- Madrid will save between 33 and 56 million with the salary cut
- Cavani and Thiago Silva would no longer return to Paris
- A former Formula 1 driver's revelations about Ayrton Senna's less-than-friendly side: "He was incredibly selfish"
- Martínez Munuera: “I offered to return to the Police”
- Tottenham touches Mou for skipping confinement
- Nick Kyrgios begins delivering food to help in Australia
- Bartomeu breaks the board one year after the elections
- Premier League: Mourinho and several Tottenham players are hunted training in a London park during quarantine | Premier League 2019
- Total crisis in the meeting: Rousaud shoots Bartomeu
- Éver Banega's five challenges before leaving Sevilla
- Luis Suárez spoke about the possible arrival of Lautaro Martínez at Barcelona
- Martí organizes group sessions to “not lose joy”
- Vinicius: “Everyone knows that the Real Madrid shirt weighs”
- Wimbledon: The 114 million euros that Wimbledon has 'earned' with the coronavirus
- Mirzapur season 2 release date and cast, Amazon Prime Video 2020
- Radiography of European football: the best wingers so far this season
- ON footballers ask for a fourth change if there is a League this summer
- Zverev could have competed in Australia with coronavirus
- Ronaldinho leaves prison, but still under house arrest in Paraguay