Thomas, author of Atlético's second goal in the 2-2 against Valencia, he attended the microphone of Movistar + and then to the press in mixed zone to assess the meeting:
Atlético has finished with four attackers, the two teams overturned, sometimes …
How did you watch the game?
It was a balanced match, we both had chances and they scored two goals with the ball stopped. There were two failures that cost us two points. You have to keep the good part, since the team competed.
Are the tie good?
It was a game with a first part that we played well and in the second we tried to go for the game. Valencia is very strong in its field and we have to forget about this game, keep working and the results will arrive.
They have put a lot of rhythm to the game …
Yes, they were with the ball and we tried to press. We have found two goals like that, but we can't stand the 90 minutes by pressing and we try to play our game, pressing when we can. You have to keep working.
Atlético made great pressure in the first half …
Valencia improved in the second half, they had possession of the ball, but we had a good game. You have to keep working.
He scored a goal and tried several times …
Better if I had scored two or three. I saw the chance to shoot and the ball entered. I threw more times, I tried and it's a shame that I only scored one goal.
In the negative, they have received two goals to the ball …
Yes, we have to be focused. Sometimes we have no luck, we miss a brand … They are football things and we have to improve it.
Sensations before Liverpool.
We are motivating ourselves, we have two good games, we have to improve things that we don't do today and continue…
Llorente: “This gives us moral for Tuesday against Liverpool”
He has scored an important goal … “I am very happy, in the end all the players like to score, start the starting games and in this sense I am happy. I try to take advantage of the opportunities of the master and hopefully they will arrive more.”
The point in Mestalla: “Valencia is a great rival here at home with its people, they squeeze a lot. We knew it was going to be complicated. We have endured their arreones. It gives us confidence and moral for Tuesday's game against Liverpool that is very important for us.” .
What do you think about doubts about Simeone? Do you understand them? “We understand in the world in which we live, where as soon as there is a bad run, doubts and questions appear. But when you put three or four matches on track, everything is forgotten. You have to focus on our coach and train to reverse the situation, as we have done”.
Compenetration with Thomas: “It's something we work every week, the coach tells us. When one releases, the other has to be left behind.”
Pressure: “Pressing up you can't stand 90 minutes. We endured while we had fresh legs. We knew they were going to squeeze and give those arreones.”
Liverpool: “The tie is very difficult, it is complicated, but we are prepared and we are looking forward to the game. Surely we will move forward.”
Vitolo: “We missed the game with the ball stopped”
Sensations: “It was a good game between two great teams. We knew that it was going to be difficult to achieve victory here. By playing with a stopped ball, the game escapes us. Proud of the team and now, to correct the mistakes that we have to stop the ball. The team is looking forward and excited. “
More than half of the goals that have conceded have come to the ball: “It is a shame because the team's effort has been enormous, we have worked hard. They also know how to play. The draw is fair. We keep adding, but it is a pain to only score one point.”
Occasions in the two goals: “The game opens when they make the second goal. We were both in need of victory and we are leaving with a point. It's a shame for the fans, which has come a lot. We wanted to dedicate the three points, but it hasn't been. Now , to follow because football gives you revenge right away. “
Sensations to face the match against Liverpool: “The team has played a great game, we have had intensity. Now a very strong opponent is coming, but we play at home, with our fans and it will surely cheer us up a lot.”
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The U-20 Women's World Cup in Costa Rica and Panama is suspended
- A month without football in Cornellà-El Prat
- Van de Beek: “I'm still not learning to speak Spanish”
- The 'ERTE' of the referees
- The greats of Serie A pressure the modest to play again
- Ireland ceases McCarthy and replaces Stephen Kenny
- Official: Kobe Bryant was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame
- The Royal Union completes its sports organization chart
- NBA: A Historic Generation for the Hall of Fame: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett | NBA 2019
- Osasuna will save five million euros with the reduction of wages
- Real Madrid dominate the '98'
- Rubi predicts “a new League with surprises”
- Fans love Silva
- Casemiro: “I don't think about winning the League, I think about winning the coronavirus”
- United to donate 30% of his salary for next month
- Sharapova shares her phone number to chat with her followers during confinement
- Everton seeks to shake up the pass market with two Real Madrid figures
- Modric's continuity does not modify the 'Odegaard plan'
- Luis Enrique would select “all” those who fight against the coronavirus
- Marcos Llorente baptizes his dog with the name of … Anfield
- El Benito Villamarín, logistics center for sanitary protective masks
- Osmar Ibáñez: “Soccer in Asia is a cyclone: you don't know where you are going to fall”
- An empty field, a comeback and the only title of the month: football is in Tajikistan
- Extra life for the generation of Gabriel Jesús, Lautaro, Dembélé …
- Van Gaal criticizes clubs that want to cancel leagues