There have been many rumors and not so many certainties in which the 16 teams qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League have been involved. With the biggest bombshell in the window – Bruno Fernandes – exploding outside the top continental competition, the second- Kulusevski- tanning in Parma despite having been signed by Juventus and the third -Reinier- growing in Real Madrid Castilla without gap in the list with the elders; the arrivals of Haaland to Borussia Dortmund, Dani Olmo to Leipzig and Bergwijn to Tottenham They are the main reinforcements in the eighth radar. This is how the Champions teams present themselves to this round of eighths after passing through the winter market.
Atlético de Madrid-Liverpool (02-18-11 / 03)
Atlético de Madrid
- High: Yannick Carrasco (assignment, Dalian Yifang).
- Low: None.
Homecoming What was going to be Cavani ended up being Carrasco. The endless search for a '9' that palliated the team's lack of goal ended in a crossroads between Enrique Cerezo and the player's environment and in the Belgian as the lesser evil. The far left is an old known mattress hobby. In his previous stage (2015-18) he scored 23 goals in 124 games. While in the new one he debuted in the derby against Madrid, where he could not prevent the rojiblanca defeat (1-0), and redebutó in the Wanda in the victory against Granada (1-0).
On the other hand, the other 'winter signing' of the team arrived in summer. Sime Vrsaljko, unpublished from January 13, 2019 because of an eternal knee injury suffered at Inter, returned to the pitch against Leganés (0-0) on January 26, playing with Atleti 620 days later (before Olympique de Lyon in the round of 16 of the Champions 2018). The Croatian has proven to be a replacement of guarantees in the face of Trippier and Arias' physical problems, but neither he nor Carrasco are solutions to the evils of the Cholo team.
- High: Takumi Minamino (8.5 million, Red Bull Salzburg).
- Low: None.
Even enjoying one of the best greased gears you remember, those of Klopp have allowed themselves a Christmas gift. The 9 goals and 11 assists he added Takumi Minamino with the RB Salzburg in the first half of the season they were well worth the 8.5 million contained in its termination clause.
The Japanese He stood out in the first phase of the Champions League in the defeat by the minimum of the Austrians against Liverpool himself (4-3) with a goal and an assist (to Haaland). Su versatility in the attack front and its huge lungs fit perfectly into the game scheme of the reigning European champion and has already enjoyed 221 minutes, divided into four games, of which three have been titles.
Borussia Dortmund-PSG (02-18-11 / 03)
- High: Erling Haaland (20 million, RB Salzburg), Emre Can (transfer with purchase option of 25 million).
- Low: Paco Alcácer (23 million, Villarreal), Julian Weigl (20 million, Benfica), Jacob Bruun Larsen (9 million, Hoffenheim).
The borusser box market is marked by a Norwegian born in Leeds 19 years ago. When the pyrrhic clause that freed Erling Braut Haaland of his stay in Salzburg there were few who knocked on his door. But the strategy used by Michael Zorc hid the winning ballot. 9 goals in just 349 minutes (6 games) lay the foundations of an operation marked by efficiency and profitability. His arrival caused the departure of a Paco Alcácer who has fallen standing in Villarreal.
While Emre Can occupied the place left by a Julian Weigl who surprisingly packed his bags in the direction of Lisbon after being fundamental in the scheme of Lucien Favre. The former Bayern Munich player was on loan from Juventus due to the lack of opportunities Sarri had provided him. The German of Turkish descent has not had a good start. Despite having emerged with a goal in his first title (second game), he still does not know the victory with Dortmund.
Paris Saint Germain
- High: None.
- Low: None.
His greatest triumph has been to suffer no loss. Edinson Cavani will consume his contract with the Parisians and seems to have changed the pace once the winter window gave folder. The PSG is facing what may be his last chance if he wants to keep together with the most devastating attack in Europe and, for this, the Champions League plays a fundamental role. The doubts about Neymar's physical condition when the season becomes a lose-pay and the perennial confrontation Tuchel-Mbappé must remain in the background.
Atalanta-Valencia (02-19-10 / 03)
- High: Duvan Zapata (12 million, Sampdoria), Bosko Sutalo (5 million, Osijek), Lennart Czyborra (4.5 million, Heracles Almelo), Mattia Caldara (assignment, Milan), Raoul Bellanova (assignment, Girondis Bordeaux)
- Low: Dejan Kulusevski (35 million, Juventus), Andrea Masiello (2.5 million, Genoa), Roger Ibáñez (transfer, Rome), Musa Barrow (assignment, Bologna), Simon Kjaer (break assignment, Milan), Guilherme Arana (break assignment, Atlético Mineiro).
From the infinity of names listed above, The real signing of the team was already in the squad. Duvan Shoe, star of those of Bergamo who came on loan from Sampdoria a year and a half ago for 14 million euros, has officially belonged to the Italians after exercising his purchase option (12 million). The Colombian, injured the last four games of the first phase, is called to lead, along with Ilicic, Muriel and Papu Gómez, the most dangerous vanguard of Serie A (They are the top scorers in the Italian league with 61 goals in 23 games).
Among the rest of the movements stand out the arrival of Mattia Caldara, central arrived from San Siro that has not enjoyed the trust of Gasperini, for the moment, and the sale of Kulusevski to Juventus. However, this last movement does not affect the Nerazzuri in sports. The 19-year-old Swede was on loan at Parma and, despite having been signed by Vechia Signora, he will continue there until the end of the season. The departures of Kjaer and Arana, old acquaintances of sevillism, has been compensated by Sutalo and Czyborra, player by player.
- High: Florenzi (assignment, Sampdoria)
- Low: None.
Another case in which the biggest triumph has been not to suffer a defeat. As in the summer, when Rodrigo was very close to Atleti, the star was about to leave the city of Turia. On this occasion, Barça was in charge of trying to steal the Valencians, but everything was in a scare.
In return, arrival of Alessandro Florenzi, on loan, reinforces the entire right flank of Albert Celades. The former captain of Rome is characterized as a long-distance side that serves as an extreme if the situation requires it. The Roman has fallen standing in Mestalla and has the total confidence of the technician, although fHe was a victim of the push of Getafe and ended up deservedly expelled in his match against Bordalás.
Tottenham-RB Leipzig (02-19-10 / 03)
Bergwijn and Gedson Fernandes are reinforcement reinforcements for Mourinho, but they do not fill the gap left by Harry Kane's injury. Willian José and Tottenham were a couple that seemed doomed to understand each other, although everything stayed in it. Neither the Spanish-Brazilian nor Cavani nor Piatek. So Mou has had to invent a '9' in the figure of Lucas Moura.
In the farewell chapter, The soap opera Eriksen finally had an end. Time will tell if he is more or less happy for a player who saw his arrival at Real Madrid very close. Zidane didn't like him, but Conte did. On the other hand, Danny Rose was never liked by Setubal's coach and its loss is a relief for the former side holder of the 'spurs'.
- High: Dani Olmo (30 million, Dinamo Zagreb), Angeliño (transfer, Manchester City).
- Low: Matheus Cunha (18 million, Hertha Berlin), Diego Demme (12 million, Naples), Marcelo Saracchi (assignment, Galatasaray), Ilsanker (0.5 million, Eintracht Frankfurt).
The elimination of Dinamo Zagreb from the Champions caused Dani Olmo to accelerate his departure from Croatia and the energy team won the race for his hiring. Key piece for Nagelsmann since his arrival, he has accumulated a bit, great goal, and an assistance in the four games he has played so far. The other reinforcement also speaks Spanish. Angeliño, without too many minutes under Guardiola, has taken the left-handed lane of the Red Bull Arena.
Of the exits, the most painful will be that of a Diego Demme who was an immovable figure as a pivot in the first half of the season. Matheus Cunha, at 20, was an energy supplement for the second parts More than a regular headline. In general, in Leipzig they have more gunpowder to continue dreaming of progress in Europe.
Chelsea-Bayern Munich (25/02/18/03)
- High: None.
- Low: Michael Hector (5.90 million, Fulham).
It was presumed a hectic January in the offices of Stamford Bridge after the decision of the TAS that allowed them to sign a window before the expected one. But everything stayed in that, a presumption. The explosion of the Mason Mount, Tammy Abraham and company under the orders of Lampard subtracted urgency to the search for reinforcements. The non-departure of Olivier Giroud after the invitation to leave his coach and the final goodbye of a Michael Hector lost between assignments are the only discordant notes of a 'blue' market marked by tranquility.
- High: Álvaro Odriozola (assignment, Real Madrid).
- Low: None.
The faces of the men Hans-Dieter Flick are the same that swept their rivals from the group stage map, with the exception of Odriozola. However, the side owned by Madrid has come to be the replacement of Benjamin Pavard, as the German coach has recently recognized. The good dynamics of muniqueses, which has led them to climb the leadership of a Bundesliga that acted as a mole, it's your biggest reinforcement.
Naples- FC Barcelona (25/02/18/03)
- High: Lobotka (20 million, Celta de Vigo), Andrea Petagna (17 million, SPAL), Amir Rrahmani (14 million, Hellas Verona), Diego Demme (12 million, RB Leipzig), Matteo Politano (assignment, Inter Milan).
- Low: Amir Rrahmani (assignment, Hellas Verona), Andrea Petagna (assignment, SPAL), Lorenzo Tonelli (assignment, Sampdoria), Amato Ciciretti (assignment, Empoli), Gianluca Gaetano (assignment, Cremonense), Francesco Mezzoni (assignment, Pontedera).
Lobotka and Demme have reinforced Gattuso's engine room and point to key pieces in the future of Neapolitan in this second half of the season. Politano, meanwhile, joins a vanguard full of talent: Mertens, Insigne, Alley, Chucky Lozano …
The rest of the movements are marked by the assignments of young people with little presence in the first team and the signing and subsequent loan of Petagna and Rrahmani to SPAL and Hellas Verona, their home clubs. The partenopei they arrive at the tie against Barça in clear ascent and in a much more optimal mood than the reign at the time of the draw.
- High: Francisco Trincao (31 million, Sporting Braga).
- Low: Jean-Clair Todibo (assignment, Schalke 04), Carles Pérez (11.5 million, Rome), Moussa Wagué (assignment, Nice), Carles Aleñá (assignment, Betis), Abel Ruiz (assignment with compulsory purchase, Sporting Braga).
Of the 16 eighth teams, Barça is the only one with the market still 'open'. The long-term injury of Dembélé is the culprit, although everything indicates that they will be thrown for a replacement of Luis Suárez, amending previous errors. The surprising arrival of Trincao will not occur until next summer, so, waiting for that last operation, there are no new faces in Can Barça.
Carles Pérez and Abel Ruiz packed, just like Todibo and Wagué, but the casualties of the first hammer much more when taking a look at the template available to Setién. Between non-arrivals, departures and misfortune in the form of injury, Griezmann must assert himself, Ansu Fati become a man even if he remains a child and Messi is more Messi than ever.
Olympique de Lyon-Juventus (02 / 02-17 / 03)
- High: Bruno Guimaraes (20 million, Athletico Paranaense), Tino Kadewere (12 million, Le Havre), Karl Toko Ekambi (transfer with purchase option, Villarreal), Camilo (2 million, Ponte Preta).
- Low: Tino Kadewere (assignment, Le Havre).
The irregular march of the Rudi García forced to move and hence the landings of Bruno Guimaraes and Ekambi. The first has not yet debuted, having played the pre-Olympic match with Brazil, being one of the most prominent of it. The second has fallen and has already scored two goals and given another. In addition, Rayan Cherki, at 16, has hatched as one of the pearls of the moment.
On the other hand, a Kadewere that was running small in Ligue 2 will continue to grow there until June and Camilo is a young Brazilian promise from which no immediate impact is expected. Even if all this activity is not reflected in a remarkable improvement and the team is still in no man's land in Ligue 1: eleventh, six points from European positions. Until now, much more noise than nuts.
- High: Dejan Kulusevski (35 million, Atalanta).
- Low: Dejan Kulusevski (assignment, Parma), Mario Madzukic (free, Al Duhail), Emre Can (assignment, Borussia Dortmund), Mattia Perin (assignment, Genoa), Marko Pjaca (assignment, Anderlecht).
The Vechia Signora He has dedicated himself to 'drop ballast' in the face of the decisive stretch of the season. The Mandzukic, Can and Co. did not count for Maurizio Sarri and Kulusevski will not wear the elastic bianconera until the next campaign. Recognizable team that will rely on the historic streak of Cristiano and in the rebirth of a Paulo Dybala much more decisive than last year.
Real Madrid-Manchester City (02 / 02-17 / 03)
Quiet month in every way for the white set. Reinier arrives, charging Zidane even more in the future, but will grow under Raul's orders in Castile and will have to wait next year to debut in Champions: the hole left on the list by Odriozola, who had totally lost the war for the minutes, has been occupied by Asensio The Mallorcan is expected to return in March and points to decisive signing for the final stretch, along with an Eden Hazard to whom the injuries have stolen the brightness that is assumed.
- High: None.
- Low: Angeliño (assignment, RB Leipzig).
The earthquake that can influence the future of the City's future came once the market closed in the form of a sanction. Bureaucracy aside, Angeliño left in search of an opportunity he seems to have found in Leipzig. The remoteness of Liverpool in the Premier turns this tie into a lose-pay for a Guardiola who assumes that its continuity could falter from stumbling.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- FIFA has a Marshall Plan
- Manolo Santana receives the FIT highest honor award
- The trolley that Maxi released to Benítez to sign for Liverpool
- F1: Fernando Alonso donates 4,000 protective equipment and 300,000 masks to fight the coronavirus
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros