The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has rejected the appeal presented by the Leganés for the repetition of the game that faced Levante, on day 8 of this season, for “lack of legal basis” after the club cucumber report having suffered a penalty against “outside the area”.
The match held on October 5, 2019 was marked by a controversial action by Dimitrios Siovas. The cucumber player knocked down the granota Roger out of the area after 44 minutes of play, but the referee indicated penalty without interference from VAR. The Leganés ended up losing that encounter by 1-2 and the president of Madrid, Victoria Pavón, asked for the repetition of the meeting from that minute.
The RFEF rejected the complaint of Leganés -At the beginning of 2020- by “lack of legal basis” and for the “danger” that would have meant setting a precedent with the repetition of the game, as confirmed to Europa Press the general director of the entity, Martin Ortega.
The case was in the hands of RFEF Competition Committee, who declared himself incompetent to resolve the complaint on October 9 and went to the General Secretariat of the agency. There, after another resource of Leganés, the protest returned to Competition, which finally decided to rule against the blue and white interests.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- No preseason, another ‘brown’ for the clubs
- Santander League: Di Mara tore up the Real Madrid letter asking him not to play in the 2014 World Cup final | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Controversy in Portugal: in times of coronavirus, Ronaldo left his home to take a walk with his wife and children
- Seyboth Wild must pay $ 30,000 if violates quarantine
- End to the quarantine of the ‘pepineros’
- “The only time Prosinecki stopped smoking was when he played”
- Aitor Fernández multiplies his value by ten in Levante
- “I don't think Oblak's level will drop much”
- Santander League: Xavi Hernndez: “I want to go back to Bara, but there can't be anyone toxic near the locker room” | LaLiga Santander 2019
- LaLiga Santander Fest is a complete success and raises € 625,000
- City accuses Arsenal of leading a lobby to pressure TAS
- Celebrate 40 days with the Covid-19 around you
- Pochettino avoided the arrival of Coutinho to a Tottenham that is still interested
- An English football figure revealed how he met Ronaldo: "Surrounded by beers and trying to keep an ashtray in his belly"
- The Athletic youth remained one step away from proclaiming himself champion
- Carles Calaf, expert in critical patients: “60% of respirators in Spain are obsolete”
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina walk their children through Funchal
- Setién remains unrivaled
- Berizzo turns to the ‘fat’ Bonini
- Most clubs are reluctant to open files
- Wimbledon is “desperate” to avoid cancellation
- Xavi, yes 'soccer' to Neymar: “It would be a spectacular signing”
- The five impossible signings of Florentino
- Astrix Village | Cycling
- Athletic against Celtic and aguriz to Bizkaia