The Gipuzkoan derby between Eibar and the Royal Society, which should have been held this Sunday in Ipurua, aims to be played from March 9, with Tuesday, March 10 and Wednesday, March 11 as the first possible dates for it to be disputed . It should be remembered that this match was suspended by the Competition Committee, following the recommendations of the Basque Government Health Service, because of the poor air quality due to the fire at the Zaldibar landfill. The Basque Government recommended not to practice outdoor sports this weekend in Ermua, Zaldibar and Eibar when detecting a high level of dioxins in the air.
The issue is very angry at the population of Eibar, for the delay in arriving at the preventive measures of the Basque Government, but the reality is that the health service measurements take five days to be analyzed in the CSIC. And that is the reason why the game cannot be played on Tuesday, something that was the initial intention of both clubs in case it was suspended, as it finally happened. Eibar looked for all possible ways to play the game, while Real simply waited for events, ready to abide by the decision that was made. The idea of playing on Tuesday liked it because it didn't mean trying any calendar, nor the issue of the return of the price of tickets and because it was no problem for either club. But the air quality is not known if it has changed by Tuesday, because the following measurement data will arrive on Thursday. This means that this week it is ruled out that this Gipuzkoan derby is played.
Both clubs now have until Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. to agree on setting a new date for the match.. It is the term given by the Competition Committee, and in case they do not agree, LaLiga will enter ex officio and assign a date that it considers appropriate, already without the consent of Real and Eibar. The agreement does not seem complicated, as long as Eibar agrees to play after the Cup semifinal that Real will play in Miranda. Because before it seems impossible. The week of February 24, the Real plays on Friday (February 28), so it is difficult to dispute during the week. And then comes the semifinal of the Copa de la Real in Miranda (March 4). This means that even after the game of the Donostiarras in Anduva you could not play. And the first date to do so is March 10-11.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League