Idyll with the Cup, antipathy with the League, where he has not won since December 1. Nine games go now! Athletic goes one way and the two rails will never end up meeting. What in the KO tournament is enthusiasm and confetti, in that of regularity is heartburn, indigestion. It is true that Muniain, the revitalizer, and Dani García, the most tactical of the lions that have played everything and for something will be missing, but after Wednesday's feasts in San Mamés no one deserved much more than one to zero. And it was for Osasuna, who gave no respite, denied the rival more than one touch, although he already came from home with problems of creation. The recipe Arrasate was known: make a pasty match, like Getafe and Granada in the second part, to cut the rojiblanco motor cables.
A hand of Unai García could be key in the 53rd minute, in a local center. Natural position? Whatever it is, Athletic had more fang, but did not throw in the door until minute 79, a warm header from Williams. Osasuna's wasted time prevailed, his intention to make the game cumbersome. Vesga put it very well in 93 'and the eternal Aduriz combed it, but the pole denied him the nth miracle.
Arrasate knew that he had to stir the bill so that Athletic did not have his usual buccaneer harassment from the beginning of the game. And he did putting Roncaglia a few minutes in individual defense over Williams. A simple threat, a false track, but that left myopic at the center of the local field. Then Arrasate put the image and likeness of the lions five behind, a system that settled Granada in the Cup on Wednesday and that still stunned the Garitano group.
The team was out of control, nervous and unstable. They did not have a clean exit and that is not that Osasuna was a pressure first. With such a panorama, Victor had a premiere as a complicated player, the panorama did not help him in his first task in the league of stars and initially paid a heavy toll. An error of his caused the fault that resulted in the 0-1. A free kick that extended Unai García, Brasanac finished, stopped Simón and in the rebound crushed Oier while two centrals like Yeray and Núñez were in evidence passing by at the time of stopping him.
Osasuna was relieved after a professional exercise, without more. Athletic already understood that if I was going to get something it would be for the brave. The engine could be activated by any spark. For example, a furious pressure on Herrera de Raúl García, who pilots an Vietnamese ambush in ambush every afternoon, and hit the ball cleared by the goalkeeper in the butt of the ram to touch the goal. Herrera is one of those goals that end up affecting the guild with the topic that those who put on the gloves are somewhat locuelos types. Little did the sufflé to the lions. Victor still had time to get a great foul that touched the barrier and hit the crossbar.
You cannot deny courage to Garitano: He kept the boy Victor with yellow and took out another promise, Sancet, from medipunta. Then Aduriz appeared for his alter ego, Raul Garcia. And Ibai figured inside, with Vesga pivot and the santutxuarra on his right, to have Sancet as a midfielder. The final harassment did not give positive news for Bilbao, despite the opportunities of Williams, Aduriz and a cape that made Herrera a great stop. The League torments this drunk Athletic Cup.
Garitano: “We have put everything to win “
Athletic coach Gaizka Garitano regretted that Osasuna took the three points of San Mamés despite enjoying two woods and two very clear chances against Herrera: “We have put everything to win,” he threw. A defeat that “hurts”, but better not to win than “Jagoba and Osasuna”.
Garitano does not hide his “concern” after accumulating nine days without knowing the victory: “Of course, the progress of the Cup conditions LaLiga, although it is no excuse,” Mr. Rojiblanco slips, revealing that Villalibre requested the change to rest for “a contracture in the back, could not continue.” A game that cost “link” plays, but insists that Athletic manufactured more than enough “to score and we have not done.”
He highlighted the debutante Unai Vencedor who supplied 6 to Dani García: “We didn't have Unai López or Muniain and we needed play against so many physical players and he has done very well.” He did not want to enter into arbitration decisions such as the hand inside the Osasuna area or the goal annulled against Williams.
Snatch: “We weren't coming at the best time”
Osasuna's coach, Vizcaino Jagoba Arrasate, confessed his “great joy” by the three points added in San Mamés against Athletic in a match in which they achieved “the best victory and the best moment” after the bad streak of the last weeks. “We did not come at the best time and win in such a complicated context and in a derby it gives us a lot, beyond the classification. It is a great joy for us and for the fans, and a relief. Seeing us with 31 points makes us want to continue working. We are well on our way to permanence “, stressed.
About the match, Arrasate said they tried to make “like a mirror” of the three central system used by Athletic. “The plan has developed quite well and in the first time, without being colorful, we have been more comfortable than them. We have defended better than other times, although in the end we suffered a lot “, assumed. He also highlighted the work of Captain Oier Sanjurjo, author of the visiting goal and who reappeared in San Mamés after several weeks of injury injury. “He is our captain and our lung. He has played an incredible game. We didn't have his profile on the team and today we have seen that we needed him, “he concluded.
Ohian Tirapu (45 ', Villalibre), Aduriz (67 ', Raúl García), Ibai Gomez (73 ', Unai Victor), Roberto Torres (76 ', Adrian), David Garcia (87 ', Nacho Vidal), Fran Mérida (90 ', Oier)
Referee: Pablo González Fuertes
VAR Referee: Alfonso Javier Álvarez Izquierdo
Unai Winner (26 ', Yellow) Saint Joseph (29 ', Yellow) Roncaglia (37 ', Yellow) Oier (38 ', Yellow) Enric Gallego (47 ', Yellow) Brasanac (54 ', Yellow) Íñigo Martínez (76 ', Yellow) Aduriz (79 ', Yellow
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- UEFA video conference to discuss rescheduling matches
- The umpteenth attack by Al Thani on the mayor of Malaga
- Cádiz helps in the manufacture of protection screens
- The red and white connection between Ander Herrera and Fernando Amorebieta
- ACB: Two Baskonia players fined for training on a rooftop | ACB 2019
- Liverpool fined for flares at Anfield against Atlético
- Juan Muñoz: “We know what happens, it can happen again and in a match with any contact …”
- The goalkeeper of the historic team of Turkey in the 2002 World Cup and former Barcelona is in critical condition due to the coronavirus
- Paulo Machado fears “millions of infections in India”
- Bale: your most negotiating side
- “Pelé gave me his blessing before signing for Real Madrid”
- FIFA has a Marshall Plan
- Manolo Santana receives the FIT highest honor award
- The trolley that Maxi released to Benítez to sign for Liverpool
- F1: Fernando Alonso donates 4,000 protective equipment and 300,000 masks to fight the coronavirus
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”