The strong episode of Calima that is affecting the Canary archipelago, which has forced to declare the alert situation by the Government of the Canary Islands, has left the airports of Gran Canaria, Tenerife North and Tenerife South inoperative.
According to Aena sources, the two airports in Tenerife are not receiving national or international flights, and only in Los Rodeos are inter-island flights operating.
In the case of Gran Canaria, the airport remains inoperative since this afternoon and neither arrival nor departure flights are accepted, so a large number of them have had to be canceled.
The Canarian Government declares the alert
The Government of the Canary Islands, through the General Directorate of Security and Emergencies, has declared the alert situation in Calima throughout the archipelago from 4:00 pm on Saturday, February 22.
This decision is taken taking into account the information provided by the State Meteorological Agency and other available sources, and in application of the Canary Islands Emergency Specific Plan for Risks of Adverse Meteorological Phenomena (PEFMA).
From today on Saturday a strong episode of Calima is being recorded that will spread throughout the archipelago and will last several days. The concentrations of African dust in the environment will be important and will reduce visibility very significantly.
Also, from 08.00 hours the wind alert situation remains active, as maximum gusts in prediction of 80-120 km / h are expected, without ruling out some punctually stronger ones.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Javier Castillejo, when a boxer brings him the purchase: “Campen, what are you doing here?”
- The Australian Open plans to play behind closed doors in 2021
- LaLiga and AFE will meet next week despite the salary taboo
- Madrid will save between 33 and 56 million with the salary cut
- Cavani and Thiago Silva would no longer return to Paris
- A former Formula 1 driver's revelations about Ayrton Senna's less-than-friendly side: "He was incredibly selfish"
- Martínez Munuera: “I offered to return to the Police”
- Tottenham touches Mou for skipping confinement
- Nick Kyrgios begins delivering food to help in Australia
- Bartomeu breaks the board one year after the elections
- Premier League: Mourinho and several Tottenham players are hunted training in a London park during quarantine | Premier League 2019
- Total crisis in the meeting: Rousaud shoots Bartomeu
- Éver Banega's five challenges before leaving Sevilla
- Luis Suárez spoke about the possible arrival of Lautaro Martínez at Barcelona
- Martí organizes group sessions to “not lose joy”
- Vinicius: “Everyone knows that the Real Madrid shirt weighs”
- Wimbledon: The 114 million euros that Wimbledon has 'earned' with the coronavirus
- Mirzapur season 2 release date and cast, Amazon Prime Video 2020
- Radiography of European football: the best wingers so far this season
- ON footballers ask for a fourth change if there is a League this summer
- Zverev could have competed in Australia with coronavirus
- Ronaldinho leaves prison, but still under house arrest in Paraguay
- Brehme auctions the ball for the final of Italy 90 to fight the coronavirus
- CONMEBOL advances in the rules of prevention before a restart of the competitions
- Emerson, the signing that nobody talks about at Barcelona