If there is a time to sign a player like Pogba, Zidane's great longing, is this. As it happened in 2016, looks like this summer is going to come back to open the door which ends in the hiring of the world champion midfielder, who now He is 27 years old. The footballer has a contract with United until 2021 and, As AS has learned, his club has initiated contacts to renew him, aware that, if you don't it would be better to sell him and make box with it.
The differences of Mino Raiola, your agent, with the English entity and especially with his coach, Solskjaer, they are already more than evident. To the point that they have led to a major misunderstanding about the length of Pogba's contract with United. “He is committed to the club until after Euro 2020 (it had to be played this summer) and then, if necessary, we'll talk to United, “said the agent in mid-February on the station Talk Sport. But the reality is that Pogba signed in 2016 for five years, until 2021, with United's unilateral option to extend for an additional twelve months. That clause is one of the obligations that the CEO, Woodward, systematically imposes on all footballers. Bruno Fernandes has also had to sign it.
However, according to a sources aware of the situation of Pogba to AS, In the case of the French, this possibility of extending the contract for one year is useless. “It would only serve to anger the footballer and force him out, or hopelessly leave him a year later.” United are therefore obliged to try to renew him this summer, by mutual agreement, so that Pogba does not enter his last year of contract. Madrid has an ideal opportunity.
The relationship between United and Pogba is hanging by a thread. The entity accuses its representative, Mino Raiola, of “create a culture of division”. He seems the agent determined to get the player out of there after United even put a price on him last summer: £ 180 million (€ 200) “Paul is our player and not Mino's,” Solskjaer complained. to the media after an attackthat of Raiola in the media. And the agent replied on his Twitter. It was last February 17: “Pogba is neither mine nor Solsjkaer's. You cannot have anyone in property for a long period in the UK or anywhere else. I hope Solskjaer I would not want suggest that Pogba is a prisoner. “
Pogba cost United 120 million euros in the summer of 2016, when the Madrid of Zidane. “He is a great player, I like him, he is very good”, the French coach went on to say publicly to make Florentino's preferences clear. But Madrid was in the process of containing costs. However, this season has been full of injuries (to the ankle) for the player, who has only been able to play six games as a starter and two as a substitute, and the estimate is that it could come out for 100 million, amount that could decrease depending on how the coronavirus crisis affects football finances.
Zidane and Pogba maintain an excellent relationship. The footballer fits into this new football with rapid transitions proposed by the French coach in this second stage at the helm of Madrid. The two could see each other last October in Dubai. They both spent a few days there (the player, recovering from his injury) and were able to talk long and hard. Mirror Sport he hunted them and they were front page. “It was a pure coincidence”, Zidane apologized. Now, Pogba's departure would not be so painful for United, who is working for Bruno Fernandes, new idol of the stands, and who has already scheduled the signing of the 24-year-old midfielder from Aston Villa Jack Grealish. Pogba, now or never.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Mayoral, the final decision
- Luis Enrique's message of encouragement to Hospital del Mar
- A restart for Atlético B
- United's 10 worst signings in the post-Ferguson era
- The Villa of the Pan American Games became an emergency hospital to care for those infected with coronavirus
- Napoli thinks of 'playing' Cavani
- Premier clubs ask for five changes and play without VAR to end the season
- Conmebol highlights its financial strength to face the impact of COVID-19
- Cristóforo: “I have felt very comfortable”
- What would happen in the rest of the leagues if you follow the example of Belgium?
- A Real Madrid anti-crisis
- Biris deliver medical supplies and food at Virgen del Rocio hospital
- Premier League: Heung-Min Son Takes Advantage of the Pandemic to Go Military in South Korea | Premier League 2019
- Italian football president talks about resuming on May 20
- The Conmebol approved its balance: the important numbers that the 72nd Ordinary Congress threw
- The explosion of the coronavirus in Paris could begin at the gates of the Parc des Princes
- “No problem working hard with these views”
- Several Primera teams are interested in the loan of Pedri
- “If they force us to play, I am willing to lose every game out of respect for the dead”
- Athletics Ottawa's brilliant initiative to reassure fans
- “Please don't hit me anymore, Mr. Benito” and other unforgettable moments of a Real Madrid legend
- The Iniesta family donates 20 beds to the Albacete hospital and orders more material
- Son will serve a mandatory three-week military service
- Simeone's premonitory confession to Godín before the crossing against Liverpool
- AFE is seen today with Thebes: “The one who will say what to do is the Government”