Manchester United lives a complicated situation on the field and also at the institutional level. The Mancunian club marches eighth in the Premier League with only 35 points, six of the Champions League positions and in the stands, the opposition against the Glazer, current owners, is increasing every day.
In view of a possible sale, the Glazer, says Daily Mail, will not leave for less than a thousand pounds But, this possible investor that arrives will have to make multiple reforms including a great work in Old Trafford.
The stadium, built in 1909, needs a major renovation in its southern tier (Sir Bobby Charlton Stand) that this newspaper estimates at about 200 million pounds (240 million euros) in its most conservative estimate. This step, with a train track just behind, could only grow high in a possible extension which would significantly increase the cost of a work that would serve to allow Old Trafford to go from hosting almost 75,000 spectators to 90,000.
The chimera of the new owners
In England they say that the Glazers do not want to sell United, a business that they still consider profitable and have priced the club at a billion pounds for anyone who wants to buy it, significantly reducing the number of potential investors.
This figure, says Daily Mail, would only allow 20 people in the world to afford to buy the Manchester club. According to this newspaper, several Saudi investors have been interested in taking over the club but the Galzers did not want to sell the whole. The Americans offered only 20% that was rejected on the two occasions that from Arabia tried to take ownership of United.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to [email protected], and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- From the fridge to Anduva
- Naples – Barcelona (1-1): Of miracles and saints | Champions League 2019
- FIFA and UEFA pact with Greece to reform Hellenic football
- Real Madrid – Manchester City: Fire at Bernabu: City has 22 goals more than Madrid | Champions League 2019
- A quarter of a century later Athletic starts the year badly
- Real Madrid – Manchester City: Zidane tests against Guardiola his impeccable currculum in the Champions League | Champions League 2019
- The most delicate moment of Arias in Atlético
- Naples – Barcelona (1-1): “Unfortunately the planning has been like this” | Champions League 2019
- Brand Finance ponders Real Madrid as an influential brand for Spain
- They investigate the Jovic agent for money laundering by making fictitious signings
- Saharawi athletics is claimed
- The Bale Desert
- Barça will face a half-hearted San Paolo
- The FEF rectifies and will pay the ascendants of Regional for the Cup
- The bad memory of Villarreal's last visit to Bilbao
- The International Olympic Committee opens the door to the cancellation of the Games by the coronavirus
- Busquets looked for the yellow and will not play around
- Radoja joins the group and trains normally
- Alonso returns to McLaren to try to win the 500 Miles of Indianpolis
- The next three rivals of Eibar have not won in Ipurua in First
- The day David Silva rejected Real Madrid
- “The situation is a bit delicate, but it can be traced”
- Champions: Guardiola falls apart with Madrid: “In the Champions League there is no one like them” | Champions League 2019
- Chelsea – Bayern live: Champions League, live
- Guardiola: “This Madrid is different, it is much more aggressive”