Morata is the Atlético reference forward. Sin Costa, operated in November of a cervical disc herniation and who returned to Liverpool but will follow a specific plan not to force, so that when he returns he will do it well, in real conditions, to be able to contribute and add, in plan Beast and not Cute kitty, the weight of the goals falls on him. And Madrid is currently Atlético's top scorer, with 10 goals, seven in the League, two in the Champions League and one in the Super Cup, but almost all concentrated in 2019, not in 2020. That was the face, at this moment the cross lives. Because right now Álvaro Morata is dry: he has only scored a goal in 2020, a goal in nine games (Atlético has played eleven in this period but he did not dispute it due to injury, Granada, and another, against Cultural, for technical decision). It was against Barcelona, in the Saudi Super Cup, on January 9. And of penalty.
A drought that seems to torment the footballer himself. The photo is his reaction last Sunday, on the bench, after being exchanged for Cholo Simeone in the 82nd minute. As soon as he arrived he threw an angry bottle at the floor, then put his hands to his face and thus remained a few instants Sore, annoyed. His match was all fight, like everyone else, but little success. The striker, who arrived a year ago, has earned the love and respect of a hobby of which, a part, awaited him to the shout of “Less Morata and more Borja Garcés” for his Real Madrid past. His commitment is impeccable, his work dark every game, fascinating, fighting. But since he returned last February 14 after having suffered a muscle injury in the twin, grade I, in the derby against Real Madrid (February 2) he is slower, with less unchecking.
Correa takes the witness
His return came 16 days after having suffered that puncture in the leg. He had minutes against Valencia and started against Liverpool, the game marked in red on the team's calendar, the season was going through that round of eighths (as will happen through the lap in Anfield) but only contributed fight, not goals. Correa, second scorer of the team, is currently three from Morata, but while the Argentine has participated in 15 goals (the one with the most team, 7 and 8 assists), the Madrid player has done it in 12 (10 and 2 assists). Taking his witness. While everyone waits for the rain to return to their boots.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Barça discourages the 670 athletes from La Masia from watching the news
- Former Barcelona goalkeeper and figure of the 2002 World Cup contracted coronavirus and was hospitalized
- Aitana Bonmatí: “We do not contemplate that the league is null”
- Januzaj: “The Cup final is going to be played and we are going to win it”
- Saúl: “ERTE? Nothing has been communicated to us 100%”
- Eight years of the Athletic coup in Germany
- Santander League: Capn dies, legend of the Atlético de Madrid | LaLiga Santander 2019
- José Luis Capón dies at the age of 72 due to pneumonia
- Igor Gomes, the new Kaká, on Real Madrid's radar
- No preseason, another ‘brown’ for the clubs
- Santander League: Di Mara tore up the Real Madrid letter asking him not to play in the 2014 World Cup final | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Controversy in Portugal: in times of coronavirus, Ronaldo left his home to take a walk with his wife and children
- Seyboth Wild must pay $ 30,000 if violates quarantine
- End to the quarantine of the ‘pepineros’
- “The only time Prosinecki stopped smoking was when he played”
- Aitor Fernández multiplies his value by ten in Levante
- “I don't think Oblak's level will drop much”
- Santander League: Xavi Hernndez: “I want to go back to Bara, but there can't be anyone toxic near the locker room” | LaLiga Santander 2019
- LaLiga Santander Fest is a complete success and raises € 625,000
- City accuses Arsenal of leading a lobby to pressure TAS
- Celebrate 40 days with the Covid-19 around you
- Pochettino avoided the arrival of Coutinho to a Tottenham that is still interested
- An English football figure revealed how he met Ronaldo: "Surrounded by beers and trying to keep an ashtray in his belly"
- The Athletic youth remained one step away from proclaiming himself champion
- Carles Calaf, expert in critical patients: “60% of respirators in Spain are obsolete”