- Intense draw before the return of the Champions League
Valencia and Atlético de Madrid signed tables (2-2) this Friday at the start of the 24th day of LaLiga Santander held in Mestalla, an intense exchange that better finished the local team, for a scarce distribution of points in the objective of the area high.
Diego Pablo Simeone's were twice ahead, but it was not enough to take the victory against a Valencia that did not throw in the towel, from less to more, to keep impregnable Mestalla. The point leaves the fourth position of Atleti in the air, giving air to Seville and Real Sociedad, and prevents the escalation of Valencia.
Those of Celades finished better, owners of the second part, but forgave good chances. The 'Top 4' continues to get expensive and both teams will face Champions League week, against Liverpool the rojiblancos and Atalanta the 'che', in the middle of the want and I can not of its irregular moment. The Mestalla test left an Atlético worse taste that ended up at the mercy of the rival.
The heavyweight clash of LaLiga gradually became warm after 10 minutes of inaccuracies and no areas. The Atleti, well positioned, found Vitolo and Correa together in the right wing and Valencia neglected the greatest danger of the rival. The company left the auction of the Argentine already in the area, with a favorable rejection to Llorente to debut as a scorer (1-0).
The 'che' box had a harder time coming into play, amid visiting pressure, and was still in the dangerous line of his last defeat against Getafe. Based on a stopped ball and a game by bands, Celades' team was cracking the wall. And it is that the Atleti at times was hard to peel, but not like that of yesteryear. The boarding schools of Gayá and Wass or the center in Parejo fouls and corners showed the local physical power.
In a corner kick came Paulista's tie in the 40 ', which put Parejo to the second stick and put the pot Maxi, but Atleti had the immediate reaction of Thomas's goal. The Ghanaian midfielder stole the ball from Parejo and with power and overflow came to the front to shoot Jaume. The team 'che', Mestalla and what he saw in the first half demanded a step forward and he succeeded.
Valencia squeezes and forgives
Those of Celades already appeared with Ferran in the resumption and, at the time of meeting, Kondogbia fortunately hunted a good center of Parejo to tie again (2-2). Again the ball stopped to punish an Atleti who had already backed down on his field and was beginning to lose sight of the rival goal with Valencia grown. The 'Cholo' put Morata and shortly thereafter Carrasco, but the rojiblanco team suffered the local thrust.
Gameiro, who improved a Guedes looking for his best version after injury, forgave a pass from the death of Ferran, again protagonist in Valencia breaking through the right wing to Saul. The midfielder suffered relegated once again to the band but the Valencian centers did not find the network. Maxi forgave the same play. Like an oasis, Morata appeared in the desert with a head shot taken by Jaume. The tie was worthless to anyone.
Thomas was the most dangerous for Mestalla, looking for another blow from outside the area, but the local team continued to tilt the field, forgiving the latter with Gayá and lamenting the possible injury of Gabriel Paulista in the discount. The match ended null before listening to the symphony of the 'Champions' in the Metropolitan and at the home of the Italian Atalanta.
VALENCIA: Jaume; Wass, Gabriel (Diakhaby, min. 93), Mangala, Gayá; Ferran Torres, Kondogbia, Parejo, Carlos Soler (Cheryshev, min. 80); Maxi Gómez y Guedes (Gameiro, min. 60).
ATHLETIC OF MADRID: Oblak; Arias (Morata, min. 66), Savic, Felipe, Lodi (Vrsaljko, min. 53); Llorente, Thomas, Koke (Carrasco, min. 76), Saul; Vitolo and Correa.
0 – 1, min. 15, Llorente.
1 – 1, min. 40, Paulista.
1 – 2, min. 42, Thomas.
2 – 2, min. 59, Kondogbia.
– ARBITRATOR: Medié Jiménez (C. Catalán). He admonished Paulista (min. 55), Mangala (min. 67) and Maxi (min. 79) from Valencia. And to Lodi (min. 26), Vrsaljko (min. 58) and Simeone (min. 71) in Atlético.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The goalkeeper of the historic team of Turkey in the 2002 World Cup and former Barcelona is in critical condition due to the coronavirus
- Paulo Machado fears “millions of infections in India”
- Bale: your most negotiating side
- “Pelé gave me his blessing before signing for Real Madrid”
- FIFA has a Marshall Plan
- Manolo Santana receives the FIT highest honor award
- The trolley that Maxi released to Benítez to sign for Liverpool
- F1: Fernando Alonso donates 4,000 protective equipment and 300,000 masks to fight the coronavirus
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'