McLaren’s motorhome in Montmeló suffers a fire during the Spanish Grand Prix


McLaren’s ‘motorhome’ at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, where the Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix is ​​taking place this weekend, has suffered a fire before the third free practice sessions, which has forced the team’s staff to evacuate. and that has caused three firefighters to have to be treated for smoke inhalation.

“This morning we evacuated our Team Hub hospitality paddock following a fire alert, the team has been safely evacuated while local firefighters manage the issue,” the McLaren team said in a statement.

The fire appears to have originated in the back, in an area above the kitchen, and everything points to an electrical problem. Soon a plume of smoke formed, forcing all Woking team personnel to evacuate.

A team of firefighters went to the scene to try to put out the fire. The amount of smoke meant that three of them had to be treated by health personnel, who provided them with oxygen masks.