Narration and statistics
Sevilla has not finished saving the bump in which it has been sunk since 2020. A single victory in six LaLiga games and a traumatic elimination against Mirands is the balance of this beginning of the year of Lopetegui. Against Espanyol (2-2), despite getting ahead on the scoreboard, he could only rescue a draw against an opponent who ended up playing in inferiority. And, of course, the Basque technician admitted to being “worried about changing the dynamics of the team.”
Lopetegui affirmed in the press room of the Pizjun that “the nerves appeared when the stage was the most favorable”, once Sevilla got ahead on the scoreboard at fifteen minutes, although he pointed out that “there is a lot of League, Europa League” and They must “go back to safety.” The Hispanic technician lament that the team has lost “the defensive solidity” that showed in the first part of the season and that in that work they should influence.
Nevertheless, the Basque technician stressed that “the team is in the objectives” were marked and insisted on “work” to return the results of the first round.
He also referred to the political play of the game, with the consultation of the VAR in the play that later gave rise to the tie of Espanyol (1-1) in the first part. “We have surprised our bench and the rival.
We believe that the VAR should intervene in plays of red or penalty and my way of seeing things is that the play was not so clear for red, so I do not understand it as a coach, “he said about that set in which Sergi Gmez saw only the yellow card and no penalty was awarded in favor of Espanyol.
“This opens a fissure. Technically they can explain it to me but I do not understand it. If you do not see the red one, it is not very clear and a partner from Madrid (VAR) does not have to send it to see it,” said Lopetegui, who also stressed that With all this, we must not “hide” and continue with the work to “improve the team”.
According to the criteria of
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- FIFA has a Marshall Plan
- Manolo Santana receives the FIT highest honor award
- The trolley that Maxi released to Benítez to sign for Liverpool
- F1: Fernando Alonso donates 4,000 protective equipment and 300,000 masks to fight the coronavirus
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros