The extension of the state of alarm decreed by the Government because of COVID-19 means that Spaniards must remain at least three more weeks without leaving their homes. In this context, LaLiga, in collaboration with Banco Santander, Universal Music and the rest of its sponsors, players, clubs, artists and GTS, have launched the 'LaLigaSantander Fest' initiative. The first charity festival with a global impact that seeks to raise funds to acquire products necessary to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and which will be channeled following the government's health priorities, in coordination with the Superior Sports Council (CSD).
It is a solidarity macro-concert that will unite for the first time 20 top-level artists virtually and that will have the presence of footballers from all the LaLigaSantander clubs. This solidarity festival will air next Saturday, March 28, starting at 6:00 p.m. for fans around the world. A total of 20 national and international artists of the stature of Alejandro Sanz, David Bisbal, Aitana, Sebastián Yatra or Antonio Orozco, never before together in the same initiative, they will participate in. Along with them will be 20 footballers from LaLigaSantander teams, who have not hesitated to join this initiative launched by the club association.
All of them will participate from their respective homes. It will be broadcast simultaneously in all countries of the world. It can be followed through all LaLiga channels and the LaLigaSportsTV platform, as well as through the Movistar LaLiga channel. Similarly, LaLiga will offer the signal to all international broadcasters who wish to broadcast it. The donations, which can be made through the Santander Foundation through various channels that will be announced soon, will aim to raise funds for the acquisition of medical supplies, always in coordination with the health authorities and the CSD.
“From LaLiga, we wanted to support all those people who will face their third weekend of quarantine and, at the same time, raise funds to acquire medical supplies. We are very happy with the great response we have received from all fronts. Footballers, clubs, artists and sponsors have all joined us in this initiative. And I am convinced that together we are going to create something “, Óscar Mayo, director of Business and International Development of LaLiga, has assured.
International artists and stages
Alejandro Sanz, David Bisbal, Aitana, Sebastián Yatra or Antonio Orozco are just some of the big names who will join many other relevant artists next Saturday, who will lend their voice to this cause of solidarity. The names of the rest of the singers will be revealed throughout the week through LaLiga's social networks and the profiles of the artists and players themselves.
The sponsors of LaLiga: Santander, PUMA, EAsports, Budweiser, Rexona, BKT, LiveScore, Clear, El Corte Inglés, Samsung, Panini, Sportium, Deliveroo, Allianz, STIHL, Mazda, Danone, Marqués del Atrio, VITALDENT, Mailboxes and RENFE , They have not hesitated to join this initiative by lending their support and making this charity festival visible.
LaLiga is played at home
This festival is part of the LaLiga play at home campaign, that seeks to support fans for the duration of the quarantine, to make it more bearable and to raise awareness of the importance of not leaving their homes to stop the expansion of COVID-19.
This concert comes just a week after #LaLigaSantanderChallenge, the virtual challenge that influencer Ibai Llanos launched to all LaLigaSantander clubs to play a FIFA20 tournament. The tournament, which ran from Friday to Sunday, raised more than 142,000 euros, which will go to UNICEF to help fight COVID-19.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League