The South African Tennis ace Kevin Anderson will sit out the entire 2019 season. In fact, he has not played a match ever since he lost in the Wimbledon third round last July. He had to pull out of the US Open due to the injury.
He made it clear through his Twitter account that he will not be playing any match until next year. He stated that ”I have spoken with my team, consulted with doctors, and we have decided that the best course of action is to take the rest of the year off and prepare for 2020. This will give me enough time to undergo more rehab processes and get healthy.”
He is suffering from a knee injury, and the injury is likely to rule him out in the entire season for the rest of 2019. It would be worthwhile to notice that Kevin has been a two time Grand Time finalist.
He was a runner up to Rafael Nadal in 2017 and also to Novak Djokovic in Wimbledon in 2018. He has not played a single game after he lost to Argentine Guido Pella at the third round of Wimbledon in July. He has dropped one point to reach 18th place in the ATP rankings.
- Rafael Nadal wins US Open Final for the 19th Grand Slam
- Serena Williams Reaches US Open Final
- Andreescu wins her first Grand Slam and prevents the 24th for Serena
He also claimed that the 2019 season has been quite difficult for him. “2019 has been a very difficult and frustrating year for me on the tennis court,” lamented the 33 years old South African. He has won 11 matches this year, and the injuries after injuries have been taking its toll on his performance.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Arbilla: “I see it difficult to play what remains of the League”
- Santander League: The Atlético de Madrid youth squad Christian Minchola dies at 14 years old | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Conmebol strengthens its fight against the coronavirus: Alejandro Domínguez asked FIFA to prioritize health over politics
- IC Herri Harmaila raises funds to fight coronavirus
- Klopp assures that the coronavirus crisis in Madrid affected him when preparing Liverpool-Atlético
- Raúl García would like to end his career as a lion
- Luis Enrique, on Bara: “I have left the doors open in all the clubs”
- La Cultural lowers the salaries of the first team and avoid the ERTE
- 'Collateral' problem in Madrid
- How seven Formula 1 teams will do to help make respirators in the UK
- “Valverde tortured me for 90 minutes, I felt that he was strangling me gently”
- The new Bernabéu does not stop
- The Pucela would touch the permanence extrapolating the results of the first round
- The rayista hobby raises € 33,377 in its fight against the coronavirus
- Eli del Estal: “I have lived a normal life, except four days”
- Juventus get ahead of Real Madrid by Pogba
- The Maracan hospital | Soccer
- Villas-Boas rethinks the soccer calendar until 2022
- The million dollar figure that Premier League players could donate to save the rest of professional English football
- “The change in the date of the Euro Cup will affect young people”
- The confessions of the former Athletic and ‘capi’ of Leganés Unai Bustinza
- Wozniacki robbed in a grocery store
- A summer at zero cost
- “Let's fill the Bernabéu with solidarity”, Madrid's campaign against the coronavirus
- Liga Santander: The last of Pione Sisto: leaves Vigo without Celta's permission and makes 3,000 kilometers by car to return to Denmark | LaLiga Santander 2019