Christian Karembeu, Former French Real Madrid player, told Efe on Thursday that he was very sorry for the death of Lorenzo Sanz, the president who signed him in 1997, whom he considers as “a father, who helped me from his first call to say he wanted to sign me up.”
Karembeu related the intrahistory of his signing, which at the time occupied covers throughout Europe. “I was at the European Championship in 1996 called up with the French team. Suddenly, I received a call from my coach, Aimé Jacquet. He warned me and told me to urgently stop by his room. Without further ado. I ran, I didn't know what he wanted me to do. I thought he was going to tell me that he was a starter in the next game or something. Suddenly, the coach gives me the phone and tells me that I have a call. It was Lorenzo Sanz, the president of Real Madrid, who wanted to sign me. I believed it. At first I thought it was a joke. I said yes. I kept my word. I am a man of my word in life “, Karembeu stresses.
“He was a man who always supported me, at all times. I spent six hard months without playing in Sampodoria, and the president encouraged me, he transmitted calm and tranquility to me. Christian, son, don't worry, you will fulfill your dream and play for Real Madrid. Mr. Capello signed players from Italy, Panucci, Roberto Carlos, Seedorf …, a team was formed. He wanted to win the European Cup 32 years later. He formed a team that served as a bridge between the great Real Madrid of the six European Cups of a lifetime and the new team that we formed and that won the final with Mijatovic's goal for Juventus, “said Karembeu.
“I want to send a hug to Madrid fans, we are going through a tough situation in life, I would also like to remember the family of Lorenzo Sanz, whom I remember happily with his European Cup getting off the plane and entering the city with thousands of people on the streets. It was a beautiful and unforgettable moment for me, “added Karembeu, who won a World Cup, a Euro Cup and a Confederations Cup with France as a footballer; and two Champions Leagues and an Intercontinental with Real Madrid, among other titles.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros
- Luis Oliver is discharged
- Rafa Nadal: “I don't know if I train hard … but I do at home”
- Borussia Dortmund from Haaland already training
- Coutinho has five options in the Premier League