- Depending on the age it is recommended to use one area or another
- The mouth is one of the most recommended areas to measure the temperature
When we think we have a fever or ask to have our temperature measured, we usually go to the forehead, either with the lips or the hand. But is it really the best place to calculate it? Contrary to what we can think of as a more extended area, the forehead is not the best place to take body temperature well.
For example, think about when you calculate the temperature with a thermometer. You use your mouth for it, right? And it is that the mouth is undoubtedly one of the most recommended places to calculate the temperature, but for this we must not drink cold food or drinks for 10 minutes prior to the measurement. Of course, in the case of children it will always be advisable to use another place.
Another of the most recommended areas to measure body temperature is to use the armpit, certainly one of the classic parts when we talk about thermometers. Unlike in the mouth, the armpit is perfect for measuring the temperature in children. Same case for the ear, one of the methods used for both adults and children.
Finally, we will also mention the rectal area, optional in the case of the elderly but nothing recommended for the little ones in the house. Also mention that in cases of hemorrhoids or bleeding in that area, we should completely advise against this area. Now that you know the different recommended body parts to measure body temperature, you can calculate this much more accurately without resorting to the forehead.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The U-20 Women's World Cup in Costa Rica and Panama is suspended
- A month without football in Cornellà-El Prat
- Van de Beek: “I'm still not learning to speak Spanish”
- The 'ERTE' of the referees
- The greats of Serie A pressure the modest to play again
- Ireland ceases McCarthy and replaces Stephen Kenny
- Official: Kobe Bryant was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame
- The Royal Union completes its sports organization chart
- NBA: A Historic Generation for the Hall of Fame: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett | NBA 2019
- Osasuna will save five million euros with the reduction of wages
- Real Madrid dominate the '98'
- Rubi predicts “a new League with surprises”
- Fans love Silva
- Casemiro: “I don't think about winning the League, I think about winning the coronavirus”
- United to donate 30% of his salary for next month
- Sharapova shares her phone number to chat with her followers during confinement
- Everton seeks to shake up the pass market with two Real Madrid figures
- Modric's continuity does not modify the 'Odegaard plan'
- Luis Enrique would select “all” those who fight against the coronavirus
- Marcos Llorente baptizes his dog with the name of … Anfield
- El Benito Villamarín, logistics center for sanitary protective masks
- Osmar Ibáñez: “Soccer in Asia is a cyclone: you don't know where you are going to fall”
- An empty field, a comeback and the only title of the month: football is in Tajikistan
- Extra life for the generation of Gabriel Jesús, Lautaro, Dembélé …
- Van Gaal criticizes clubs that want to cancel leagues