Wherever he has passed, he has worn the bracelet.
I do not know how one becomes a captain or how one becomes one, I suppose that it is something that takes in the character and the way of being of each one. I have been fortunate that the technicians I have had in Seville, Levante and Villarreal, have wanted me to be a captain and also contribute to the team from that facet.
How have you faced that responsibility throughout your career?
For me it is a responsibility that I like, it seems beautiful and, I am proud that I am valued for a function like that. It is something that I accept with responsibility and try to do my utmost to help the team and the club in that chapter.
What is the role of the captain in a locker room?
One when he is captain must be clear that it is an important responsibility, and above all that it is not always pleasant; you know that there are complicated and good moments, but in the complicated ones you must show your face. I like to show my face for the team in the field and outside of it, it's something I've always done and therefore I like to do it here too.
What values should a captain represent?
I think you should do what you can for the group, all the things that unite the group are good, and that is what I tried here and in the other clubs. Not only is a captain wearing the bracelet, the obligation of a captain or a player, is to try to help on and off the field, and that is something I like to do.
Now it's time to face Levante. Special match, I imagine.
It is strange to play against Levante, everyone knows what unites me to them, and although there have been other times and it is not the first, it is true that it is always very special to face them.
What does the Orriols set mean to you?
It is the club that formed me as a person. I arrived as a child and left as a man. I spent many years with them, I am a member, as is my family, and it is the club that gave me the opportunity to become a professional footballer.
With your notable differences, do you think that Villarreal and Levante have certain similarities?
Levante and Villarreal are very similar clubs. They are family clubs and with a clear philosophy, values that I share; So I feel very good on both teams. I liked being there and I like being here, I think it has been easier for me to arrive and adapt for that. They are very familiar clubs, clubs with values and a way of doing things that closely resemble my values and my way of watching football, so I like to be part of them.
What seems clear is that it will be an open and attractive meeting at the Estadio de La Cerámica.
It will be a game with two teams that find goal easily, we are two teams with an offensive vocation, which makes this an open and beautiful match. We are scoring many goals and we have ease, but it is true that we are trying to reduce the goals against us, something that will make us much more competitive.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to [email protected], and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Real Madrid leaves the three points in Valencia just like Barcelona
- A fan of Espanyol, arrested for racist insults to Adama Traoré
- El Granada, to break its bad streak at home in Pamplona
- Fury is exhibited before Wilder and claims the supremaca in the heavyweights
- The best of the Barcelona – Eibar match in pictures
- Butragueño: “They have been hands”
- Find out why IKEA puts such rare names on its products
- Tejero, new at en once ’at Camp Nou
- Levante and Valencia, to compensate against Tacon and Rayo Vallecano
- Alarm in Madrid by Hazard
- The first game of the daughter of Sergi Roberto
- Atlético – Villarreal | Another Champions duel
- Liga Santander: Zidane, you are a disaster | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Pedro Sánchez and the lives of others
- The Celtic pulls deeds and imposes himself on the Leganés
- The incredible hole in one of Rahm that agit Mexico
- Morales has begun to assume his new role in Levante
- New setback for the DO Rueda: it has to stop the reduction of grape yields by a resource
- Confirmed: Tomás does not travel to Valladolid
- The Madrid sticker on the Camp Nou marker that accompanies Bartomeu
- Braithwaite: “I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi”
- Raúl summons Rodrygo
- Pablo Iglesias will be part of the delegated commission that oversees the CNI
- Marseille – Nantes live
- Barcelona – Eibar: The Camp Nou sentences Bartomeu: pitos, paolada and shouts of resignation | LaLiga Santander 2019