FIFA studies the progress of the coronavirus pandemic and the impact it may have on the calendar and in the soccer economy. Among the ideas that are taking shape, according to a document of the working group created after the pandemic was declared and to which the Reuters agency had access, but still without official confirmation from the organization, is that of extend the contracts of players and coaches that conclude their commitments with the clubs on June 30 until the end of the season and also extend the next transfer window, which would run from June to January, when the winter season should begin. With this measure, would facilitate ending the campaigns with a certain normality and alleviate the transfer market at a time when no one knows when the championships will be able to restart and when there is security that it cannot be everywhere at the same time.
FIFA President Gianni Infantino has asked its collaborators to contribute ideas to solve the problems that the pandemic will cause. The trickiest is the calendar, because some leagues ask to occupy FIFA dates that the organization allocates to the selections. Infantino, who has already given in postponing, for the time being, the Club World Cup, wants to see counterparts before taking a new step, which could be this expansion of the transfer market.
In any case, there is nothing decided about it because FIFA has only one priority at this time: “help in the fight against the pandemic”. When the crisis is over and health is guaranteed across Europe, you will get your business, and start with the new calendar.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Dani Ceballos, Betis dream
- The referees most corrected by the VAR: Gil Manzano, Estrada …
- Brescia president threatens to withdraw team if Series A resumes
- Who is Ryan García, the boxer who is shaping up to be the new Canelo Álvarez
- UEFA tells clubs not to follow the Belgian example
- Aarhus, the first night of the ‘Tiki Taka’
- 28 years have passed since Juanito's death
- End of contracts creates trouble for stars and clubs
- Dortmund fear that Madrid will go after Haaland
- Martín Presa: “The Government knows that it has family factories for whatever”
- The unthinkable idea that is gaining strength in the NBA to resume competition despite the coronavirus pandemic
- Ajax criticizes UEFA for encouraging the resumption of competitions
- Alarms go off for Achraf
- A sad day for rayismo: goodbye to Goyo Benito and Miguelín
- Toni Nadal: “June will be key in the future of the season”
- Dzyuba: “My dream is Madrid”
- A massive 'remember'
- “My father did not forget that he was Don Goyo Benito, a player for Madrid and the Spanish National Team”
- Kahn: “It is a situation that we only knew about from catastrophe movies”
- Hazard, working for Real Madrid and 'celebrating' with Belgium
- The reason why Luis Suárez did not return to Uruguay in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic and what was his position regarding the Barcelona salary cut
- Pessimism grows in Leganés and cuts are no longer ruled out
- The Athletic family joins the initiative of IC Herri Harmaila
- 25 years of Beckham's Premier debut
- Cádiz and Málaga will play the final of the Carranza eSports Trophy