A problem in the W-11 oil pressure truncates the plans to the hexacampen, which could only complete 14 laps.
A mechanical averaging on the W11 left Lewis Hamilton during the afternoon session in Montmel, where Sebastian Vettel kept the best time (1: 16,841) established in the morning. After removing the car from the track, the Mercedes team informed that it was a failure in the oil pressure that forced the engine to stop “as a precautionary measure”.
The first serious problem of the Silver Arrows during the preseason forced Hamilton to suspend his planned program after only 14 laps. The world hexacampen had taken over from Valtteri Bottas, who had completed 47 turns in the morning session.
Just one week ago, the Finlands had also suffered an electrical problem that caused a change of motor, although that afternoon he could complete 77 laps.
On Thursday I woke up with the wet asphalt after the rains of the night, which considerably reduced the activity on the track during the first hour and a half. As the firm and the pianos dried up, the pilots assumed more risks and the tops followed.
Max Verstappen was the first to lose control of his Red Bull in the famous chicane. Minutes later, the Dutch ended in the gravel of curve 5 causing the first red flag. Right in that area, Vettel could not master his SF1000 either.
Workouts in Montmel
one. Sebastian Vettel (ALE / Ferrari) | 1: 16,841 | 145 laps
two. Pierre Gasly (FRA / AlphaTauri) | +0.225 | 139
3. Lance Stroll (CAN / Racing Point) | +0.277 | 130
Four. Nicholas Latifi (CAN / Williams) | +0.472 | 160
5. Lando Norris (GBR / McLaren) | +0.732 | 113
6. Max Verstappen (HOL / Red Bull) | +0.897 | 31
7. Valtteri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes) | +1,144 | 47
8. Esteban Ocon (FRA / Renault) | +1,172 | 37
9. Kevin Magnussen (DIN / Haas) | +1,384 | 111
10. Alex Albon (TAI / Red Bull) | +1,552 | 61
eleven. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS / Renault) | +1,554 | 59
12. Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA / Alfa Romeo) | +2,829 | 92
13. Lewis Hamilton (GBR / Mercedes) | +5,584 | 14
According to the criteria of