Manchester City has come out quickly in response to the tough penalty imposed by UEFA, which condemns two seasons without contesting European competitions and a fine of 30 million euros. The club, “disappointed”, confirms that it will resort to the Court of Sports Arbitration to try to reduce the punishment and, in addition, charges heavily against the body, which it accuses of not acting impartially and of issuing a verdict when it had not even been Started the investigation. This is the full statement:
“Manchester City is disappointed, but not surprised by today's UEFA Chamber announcement. The club has always requested the need to seek an independent body and an impartial procedure. In December 2018, UEFA's head of investigation publicly anticipated the result and the penalty he intended to send to Manchester City, even before any investigation began. The subsequent UEFA process was defective and constantly leaked left little doubt of its outcome. The club has formally complained to the UEFA disciplinary body, a claim validated by the Sports Arbitration Court.
Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, processed by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this harmful process now over, the club will seek an impartial trial as quickly as possible and, therefore, in the first instance, will begin the necessary proceedings before the Court of Sports Arbitration as soon as possible.“.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- The U-20 Women's World Cup in Costa Rica and Panama is suspended
- A month without football in Cornellà-El Prat
- Van de Beek: “I'm still not learning to speak Spanish”
- The 'ERTE' of the referees
- The greats of Serie A pressure the modest to play again
- Ireland ceases McCarthy and replaces Stephen Kenny
- Official: Kobe Bryant was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame
- The Royal Union completes its sports organization chart
- NBA: A Historic Generation for the Hall of Fame: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett | NBA 2019
- Osasuna will save five million euros with the reduction of wages
- Real Madrid dominate the '98'
- Rubi predicts “a new League with surprises”
- Fans love Silva
- Casemiro: “I don't think about winning the League, I think about winning the coronavirus”
- United to donate 30% of his salary for next month
- Sharapova shares her phone number to chat with her followers during confinement
- Everton seeks to shake up the pass market with two Real Madrid figures
- Modric's continuity does not modify the 'Odegaard plan'
- Luis Enrique would select “all” those who fight against the coronavirus
- Marcos Llorente baptizes his dog with the name of … Anfield
- El Benito Villamarín, logistics center for sanitary protective masks
- Osmar Ibáñez: “Soccer in Asia is a cyclone: you don't know where you are going to fall”
- An empty field, a comeback and the only title of the month: football is in Tajikistan
- Extra life for the generation of Gabriel Jesús, Lautaro, Dembélé …
- Van Gaal criticizes clubs that want to cancel leagues