Naples, little by little, is emerging from its crisis. The inexplicable stumble in San Paolo a week ago against Lecce interrupted a perfect streak of Gattuso, who in the last six matches won five times (knocking down Lazio, Juventus and Inter). The last triumph came this afternoon, in the hot stadium of Cagliari, with a spectacular performance, but very solid.
With Insigne still touched, Gattuso again preferred Elmas to Lozano to complete the trident with Mertens and Alley. In the first part, quite decaffeinated, the Azzurri had more of the ball, but they barely knew how to create danger: the most interesting situations were born from the exmadridista's arrivals, although the best occasion was a foul by the Belgian, who ended up outside.
The script was similar at the start of the restart, until Mertens, always he, broke the game with a wonderful thread in the heart of the area, which hit the post before inflating the net. It is his number 120 with the partenopei: he only needs two to overcome Marek Hamsik and become the top historical scorer of the club.
The Sardis, who had been nine days without winning (with five losses and four draws), barely reacted, approaching the draw only with a shot from far away from Klavan that stopped Ospina. The win of the southerners, deserved, places them in eighth place, two points away from the Europe zone. The appointment with Barça is approaching, but nobody tells Gattuso: ‘Ringhio’ just think of Friday’s rival, Brescia.
Distinguished (60 ', Diego Demme), Politano (66 ', Alley), Paloschi (66 ', Gastón Pereiro), Matiello (69 ', Sebastian Walukiewicz), Mário Rui (79 ', Hysaj), Birsa (82 ', Cigarini)
Referee: Daniele Doveri
VAR Referee: Gianpaolo Calvarese
João Pedro (11 ', Yellow) Sebastian Walukiewicz (29 ', Yellow) Nahitan Nández (73 ', Yellow) Zielinski (80 ', Yellow
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to email@example.com, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- FIFA has a Marshall Plan
- Manolo Santana receives the FIT highest honor award
- The trolley that Maxi released to Benítez to sign for Liverpool
- F1: Fernando Alonso donates 4,000 protective equipment and 300,000 masks to fight the coronavirus
- The team accumulates two years without a single expulsion
- Juanmi: “It's like I have a nail”
- Jorge Padilla: “Marking in the Heliodoro was complete madness”
- Tottenham announced a salary reduction for all its employees due to the economic crisis: the measure does not affect soccer players
- Griezmann asks to wear the seven
- Happy countdown for Portu and his wife
- The step forward of Diego Cervero, soccer player and doctor: “Go anywhere, the country needs it”
- The campaign against the coronavirus of Simeone and Atlético adds to the cinema
- Messi surrenders to Lampard's new Chelsea gem
- Portu: “I have not yet given my maximum level”
- Schalke player fined for being in a hookah bar in quarantine
- Madrid is pessimistic and is considering a salary adjustment by Decree
- Boca Juniors hopes to sign Cavani “very soon”
- Former Madrid cyclist Daniel Yuste dies of coronavirus at 75
- A player reported that 1,000 shirts were stolen, including a Lionel Messi
- Borussia returns to work, in the field and in pairs
- Joao Félix takes advantage of the break to become a 'gamer'
- City, Ajax and Red Bull tempt Pablo Pérez, youth of Sevilla
- Real Madriz (with Z) still standing against the coronavirus
- Van Persie: “Ferguson hung the photo of two players in the locker room for going out partying”
- Tsobanian proposes to play the Madrid Open between the US Open and Roland Garros