Josep Maria Bartomeu, president of Barcelona, and the Board of Directors continue. At least, for now and until there is a response from the Generalitat. Bartomeu, who will appear at 7:00 p.m. before the media, will wait to see if PROCICAT (Civil Protection Plan in Catalonia) takes a position on the date of the Censorship Vote. At the moment, Barça still does not officially summon it after having sent a letter in which it has proposed the Camp Nou as the sole venue for November 1 and 2, but in which recommends leaving the vote on stand-by for sanitary reasons. The PROCICAT could pronounce itself in the next 24 hours so that Barça, complying with the statutes, summon the Vote of Censorship five days before or, on the contrary, resign.
This last dribble by Bartomeu was already sensed in the letter he had sent to the Government in which he hopes that the acting President of the Generalitat, Pere Aragonés, Give the OK for the Vote of Censorship to be held despite the sanitary conditions that surround Catalonia. This was an excerpt from the letter: “To assess this very serious scenario, and more taking into account the content of Royal Decree 926/2020, published by the BOE, I have called for tomorrow (for today) an extraordinary and urgent Board of Directors , and bearing in mind the importance of your response to this (letter), I am obliged to tell you that we will consider the computation of the term interrupted (of days) that our statutes indicate for the convocation and subsequent voting, in order to allow to have a capital element of judgment to adopt, when appropriate a decision in this regard, as important as the confirmation by the President of the Generalitat that “right now There is no legal or health impediment in Catalonia that prevents the celebration of the Vote of Censorship on the dates initially foreseen by FC Barcelona in a safe way “taking into account that the voting will have to be carried out in our stadium due to the material impossibility of deploying the 21 venues that were raised at the time”.
If the Generalitat maintains that the sanitary conditions are still in place to celebrate the Vote, Bartomeu could set it for November 1 and 2 with the sole headquarters at the Camp Nou, or, finally, present his resignation.