He woke up in time in Barcelona in Naples where he started a draw to one that will allow him to decide in the Camp Nou his pass to the quarterfinals whenever he wins the Gattuso team. Barça was at risk of hitting another hit with a great moral draft, but both Griezmann and Ter Stegen stops kept the ship afloat.
It may be that Messi's words when he said last week in an interview that today Barcelona did not have a team to win the Champions League influenced more than we believe in the mood of the costumes. That, or that the Argentine had more reason than a saint. Whatever it was, Barça went out to play San Paolo, self-conscious and cowardly. Shyness came in from the bench, where an alignment and a timid approach were developed. A game plan that, incidentally, seemed banished from the day that argument was used to decapitate Valverde. But time passes and we continue in them.
With Rakitic and Vidal in the center of the field and Umtiti as central instead of Lenglet, Barça went out to play under the premise that time would pass without anything happening. It helped this scenario that Naples not put forward its pressure and let Barçá get lost again in a carousel of useless passes in areas of the countryside without any significance. Between them they perpetrated the first half hour more soporific of football that is remembered in a long time. There are empty fish tanks with more action than was seen yesterday in this infamous start of the game.
The course of events could only change through an error that facilitated the work to the contrary and it fell from the Blaugrana side. Junior mishandled a ball raffled by Piqué, Zielinski accelerated the game and passed it to Mertens who beat Ter Stegen after Semedo politely invited him to try his favorite shot.
Barça found that he had thrown over 30 minutes of the game and was already losing 1-0. Neither for those changed the script, followed the inane possession without approaching or even looking at the door of Ospina. It was an almost exact reissue of the league game they played in Valencia. And as in Mestalla, the thing could have been worse because after a mess in the area Manolas was about to do the second before the end of the first part.
At the start of the second Busquets he saw the card that will prevent him from playing the lap. Mertens retired injured, but Gattuso did not want to speculate despite the advantage and took Milik while Barca entered Arthur on the pitch in an attempt to find a pass that Messi could take to the boot. But it was Busquets who enabled with a great pass a climb of Semedo whose center was topped off by Griezmann, Barça seemed to finally enter the game at 57 minutes.
But incomprehensibly, the culé team had to cling to Ter Stegen, who with two stops against Insigne and Callejón avoided the second of Naples, who reacted with blaugrana rage.
After those two scares tried to settle in the field, but ended up suffering when Vidal was expelled, another who will not play around and injure Piqué.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Barça discourages the 670 athletes from La Masia from watching the news
- Former Barcelona goalkeeper and figure of the 2002 World Cup contracted coronavirus and was hospitalized
- Aitana Bonmatí: “We do not contemplate that the league is null”
- Januzaj: “The Cup final is going to be played and we are going to win it”
- Saúl: “ERTE? Nothing has been communicated to us 100%”
- Eight years of the Athletic coup in Germany
- Santander League: Capn dies, legend of the Atlético de Madrid | LaLiga Santander 2019
- José Luis Capón dies at the age of 72 due to pneumonia
- Igor Gomes, the new Kaká, on Real Madrid's radar
- No preseason, another ‘brown’ for the clubs
- Santander League: Di Mara tore up the Real Madrid letter asking him not to play in the 2014 World Cup final | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Controversy in Portugal: in times of coronavirus, Ronaldo left his home to take a walk with his wife and children
- Seyboth Wild must pay $ 30,000 if violates quarantine
- End to the quarantine of the ‘pepineros’
- “The only time Prosinecki stopped smoking was when he played”
- Aitor Fernández multiplies his value by ten in Levante
- “I don't think Oblak's level will drop much”
- Santander League: Xavi Hernndez: “I want to go back to Bara, but there can't be anyone toxic near the locker room” | LaLiga Santander 2019
- LaLiga Santander Fest is a complete success and raises € 625,000
- City accuses Arsenal of leading a lobby to pressure TAS
- Celebrate 40 days with the Covid-19 around you
- Pochettino avoided the arrival of Coutinho to a Tottenham that is still interested
- An English football figure revealed how he met Ronaldo: "Surrounded by beers and trying to keep an ashtray in his belly"
- The Athletic youth remained one step away from proclaiming himself champion
- Carles Calaf, expert in critical patients: “60% of respirators in Spain are obsolete”