Barcelona has been considering paying the termination clause of Lautaro Martínez for months. During the month of July, the price of the Argentine would be set at 111 million euros, and is one of the most coveted strikers on the international scene. He is 22 years old and so far this year has scored 16 goals and has given 4 assists in 28 games, leaving very good feelings in the Champions League against the Barca team. That's why Barça already thinks of him as the number one replacement for Luis Suárez, who will gradually start dosing once he recovers from his injury.
The problem is that as they say in Argentina, Real Madrid could interfere and try to convince the player to go to play in the Spanish capital, also after payment of its termination clause. “Removing Mbappé, he is the player that everyone wants”, has recently explained to ACE the albiceleste coach, Lionel Scaloni. However, although the team of Zinedine Zidane I would like to, I would have a problem to make space, since the player is extra-community and only three can be registered (Lautaro arrived in Europe in July 2018 and has no family history that could expedite the procedures of dual citizenship). Right now, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Militao do not have a European passport and if that were not enough, the medium-term plan is for Reinier to enter the plans of the first template. At this time there is already one left, although for now the 18-year-old will begin to form in the Castile.
* Data updated as of February 14, 2020
In this sense, it is difficult to imagine a sale of any of the four Brazilians, since none of them are over 22 years old, being the theoretical stars of the future of the white team. All this without counting Takefusa Kubo, now ceded in Mallorca, since the Japanese also occupies an extra-community place. An assignment of any of them would not be more than a patch until one of them could obtain dual citizenship (the first to be able to obtain it would be Vinicius). A problem that makes Barca start with a strategic advantage when it comes to addressing the signing.
* Data updated as of February 14, 2020
And it is that in Barcelona there are only two players who occupy a foreign place: Arthur Melo and Arturo Vidal. In the case of the second, in addition, it is expected to enter into an operation for the future, since precisely Inter Milan has asked about the Chilean during the last months. Another trick they could play to try to make the operation cheaper. Anyway, Barça would have a place for him and the forward would be quite clear that it would not be difficult to become the Barca striker of the new decade knowing that Suarez is already 33 years old.
Meanwhile, knowing that the future of the Argentine seems to be far from Italy, Inter Milan has already started to find a substitute for guarantees and that seems to be the Arsenal's Gabonese attacker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Get in Touch
Get in touch by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond back within 24-72 hours.
- Barça discourages the 670 athletes from La Masia from watching the news
- Former Barcelona goalkeeper and figure of the 2002 World Cup contracted coronavirus and was hospitalized
- Aitana Bonmatí: “We do not contemplate that the league is null”
- Januzaj: “The Cup final is going to be played and we are going to win it”
- Saúl: “ERTE? Nothing has been communicated to us 100%”
- Eight years of the Athletic coup in Germany
- Santander League: Capn dies, legend of the Atlético de Madrid | LaLiga Santander 2019
- José Luis Capón dies at the age of 72 due to pneumonia
- Igor Gomes, the new Kaká, on Real Madrid's radar
- No preseason, another ‘brown’ for the clubs
- Santander League: Di Mara tore up the Real Madrid letter asking him not to play in the 2014 World Cup final | LaLiga Santander 2019
- Controversy in Portugal: in times of coronavirus, Ronaldo left his home to take a walk with his wife and children
- Seyboth Wild must pay $ 30,000 if violates quarantine
- End to the quarantine of the ‘pepineros’
- “The only time Prosinecki stopped smoking was when he played”
- Aitor Fernández multiplies his value by ten in Levante
- “I don't think Oblak's level will drop much”
- Santander League: Xavi Hernndez: “I want to go back to Bara, but there can't be anyone toxic near the locker room” | LaLiga Santander 2019
- LaLiga Santander Fest is a complete success and raises € 625,000
- City accuses Arsenal of leading a lobby to pressure TAS
- Celebrate 40 days with the Covid-19 around you
- Pochettino avoided the arrival of Coutinho to a Tottenham that is still interested
- An English football figure revealed how he met Ronaldo: "Surrounded by beers and trying to keep an ashtray in his belly"
- The Athletic youth remained one step away from proclaiming himself champion
- Carles Calaf, expert in critical patients: “60% of respirators in Spain are obsolete”