Arsenal FC: All About The London Based Club
When it comes to football, we know numerous clubs participate in the championship. However, not all clubs are the same. Some are absolute toppers, whereas, others are just average.
Speaking of football clubs, Arsenal FC is one of the best football clubs out there. It is one of the top-ranking clubs in the Premiere League. They have many great players like Bernd Leno, Hector Bellerin, and others who are part of Arsenal.
About Arsenal FC
Arsenal Football Club is a football club based on Islington, London. The club is the part of the topmost football league, Premiere League.
The club was founded back in 1886. It’s been 134 years that they have been in existence. To date, they have won a total of 13 league titles, two league cups, a record 12 FA cups, European Cup Winner’s Cup, and many other championships.
They are the very first clubs hailing from south England to join the Premiere League in 1893. By 1904, they were already in the First Division. Just so you know they are one of the clubs to have remained in the first division for the longest time. Not just that, but they have also won the second top-flight matches in the history of English football.
Over the years, the club has improved and grown beyond expectations. They have come a long way, since the time of their establishment.
Interesting Facts About Arsenal FC
If you are a fan of Arsenal FC, then you must read these interesting facts. As a true fan, you should be knowing everything about your favourite club.
- Arsenal is the only football team out there that has never been relegated. They have maintained their position in the top flight, since 19/19/20. They received a golden Premier League trophy for going unbeaten during the 2003/04 season.
- Arsenal FC vs Sheffield United which took place on January, 27th, 1927 was the first football game ever in the Premiere league that was broadcasted on the radio.
- In 1993, Arsenal was the first club ever to win the FA Cup and League Cup in the same year.
- Arsenal vs Manchester United which took place on January 31st, 2010 was the first game that was broadcasted on television in 3D.
- Arsenal is also known as The Gunners. They are given this nickname because the club was formed by a group of cannon makers in 1886 at the Woolwich Arsenal.
- They hold the record for consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League. In 2006, they managed 995 minutes and ten games, without conceding a goal in the finals.
- Arsenal has the most number of players in an England team. In 1934, seven players were lined up against Italy. However, that was a friendly match.
Players In Arsenal FC
Arsenal has given us many great players in the past. But currently, there are 16 players in the club. The name of the players is listed below for your knowledge.
- Bernd Leno
- Hector Bellerin
- Kieran Tierney
- Alexandre Lacazette
- Dani Caballos
- Bukayo Saka
- Gabriel Magalhaes
- William Saliba
- Runar Alex Runarsson
- Mesut Ozil
- Lucas Torreira
- Rob Holding
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Arsenal FC is one of the very first football clubs to be founded. From a humble beginning, they have now become one of the topmost football clubs in the world. They have some of the top players in the world and have proved their skills in various championships.